LED Hi/Lo and fog upgrade from Xenon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deeno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I apologize if this question has been asked hundreds of times on this site, I just signed up for this forum because I recently upgraded to HI, Lo and fog LEDs on my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport. Got the obvious check engine light so I purchased Alpha Obd app and Obdlink MX+, found some videos on how to use, changed settings for hi, lo and fogs to led and turned off xenon. Videos state you should still have hid set to on. After changing settings, and clearing any fault codes, waited 5min for update to take. Still getting solid check engine light and intermittent B177B code...any help to resolve this frustrating issue would make my day....

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I apologize if this question has been asked hundreds of times on this site, I just signed up for this forum because I recently upgraded to HI, Lo and fog LEDs on my 2016 Ram 1500 Sport. Got the obvious check engine light so I purchased Alpha Obd app and Obdlink MX+, found some videos on how to use, changed settings for hi, lo and fogs to led and turned off xenon. Videos state you should still have hid set to on. After changing settings, and clearing any fault codes, waited 5min for update to take. Still getting solid check engine light and intermittent B177B code...any help to resolve this frustrating issue would make my day....
Give it a little while (several power cycles to clear). What does "turned off xenon" refer to?

OP
OP
D

Deeno

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Still getting the B177B error code. Thinking of disconnecting battery for a few min. then reconnecting. Think that may help? OBDlink support is quick to respond, but only referred me to the B177B error code description which is not much help. Thinking of just going back to stock bulbs...this is way too frustrating....LEDs are Sealights.