2018 Sport won't start all of a sudden

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I just tried to remote start my truck, and instead of two blinks it did one and just sat there. I got in the truck, interior lights and stereo all work. I press the remote start and all I hear is a click and then nothing happens, no turnover or anything. It's not been driven for about 4 or 5 days, which is usual, and has 8K miles on it.

So with that being said, am I definitely looking at a dead battery situation at 8K miles or something else?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Likely the battery, You have a couple of choices, Pull it and have it tested, and replace it urself.

have it towed to the dealer and let them deal with it.

my 18 did the same thing to me @ like 24k miles, on a Saturday or Sunday, it’s our only vehicle so off to Orielys I went for a quick test and a new battery.

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If you have a Extra set of hands, have them watch the voltage on the battery with a volt meter while you try to start it.

OP
OP
Kinetic

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Likely the battery, You have a couple of choices, Pull it and have it tested, and replace it urself.

have it towed to the dealer and let them deal with it.

my 18 did the same thing to me @ like 24k miles, on a Saturday or Sunday, it’s our only vehicle so off to Orielys I went for a quick test and a new battery.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm assuming it's under warranty so I'll let the dealership replace it on Monday. Do I call customer care and they come tow it or do I have to get it towed in?

Ratket

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You should have a number in your owners manual, because it still under the Full Warranty of 3year/36KMiles. Dealership should have it as well.

@RamCares
Do you guys have a number he can call for a Tow.

OP
OP
Kinetic

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So I called customer care and they sent out a tow truck to tow it to the dealership. He jumped it to be sure it's the battery and it started so I drove to the dealership anyway to have it all checked out. It wouldn't start up while in the service line (lol) so they installed a new battery right away and I was out of there in under 30 minutes.

Hookedup87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Glad it worked out for you. Man those factory batteries are terrible. I have a 2018 with 14k miles. Read stories like this one a lot. So inclined to just go out and buy a new battery and just replace it.

Jtblackram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Glad it worked out for you. Man those factory batteries are terrible. I have a 2018 with 14k miles. Read stories like this one a lot. So inclined to just go out and buy a new battery and just replace it.
Yea they really are trashy batteries, i used to work at a dodge dealer and when these things would go sitting for too long, these batteries would be absolutely hopeless

OP
OP
Kinetic

Kinetic

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it wasn't still under warranty I'd definitely go and get a better battery in there

Simpleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Glad it worked out for you I changed mine out with a interstate agm battery preventive maintenance never fails

RamCares

Reaction score
Ram Year
n/a
Engine
n/a
So I called customer care and they sent out a tow truck to tow it to the dealership. He jumped it to be sure it's the battery and it started so I drove to the dealership anyway to have it all checked out. It wouldn't start up while in the service line (lol) so they installed a new battery right away and I was out of there in under 30 minutes.

Hello Kinetic,
We are happy to hear your dealer was able to provide assistance with your concern. Please know our team is available in the future for any questions or concerns you have.
Laura
RamCares