2019 4x4 1500 Laramie Suspension Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Steven Bragunier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemispheres 5.7
Does anyone have suggestions for upgrading suspension on 2019 1500 Laramie 4x4?
I tow a TT (7,200 lbs) and get a little to much play/sway than I would like.
I have Air Lift 1000 Heavy duty Coil Bags on the rear but was hoping for suggestions for new coils, anti-sway bars, etc.

Thanks

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
tufftruck springs or airlift 5000 bags they are installed where the bump stop sits

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Aside from the upgraded airbags or swaybar, check how your current WDH is set up by going over a set of CAT scales. The tongue weight could be too heavy or light or the WDH may not be transferring enough or too much weight to the front end. Just because the truck sits level doesn't mean that it's set up correctly.
If the above checks out and the rear end still feels squirmy, it could be the truck tires, may need to upgrade those to a higher load rating.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I put the Helwig swaybar on mine and I run more air in the rear tires when towing. does make an improvement. my son put airbags on his 2017 and he says that works well for him. we both pull app. 6000# travel trailer.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
The Hellwig will improve the ride when the truck bed is empty but will do absolutely nothing for sway with a pickup. Sway with your truck means that the springs at the rear axle are not doing their job to support the load. Frankly, I would never buy a truck with rear coil springs and plan to use it as a truck.

Check on the Air Lift installation. If there is only the Tee connection to add air to both bags at the same time then that is the reason for the sway. When more pressure is on one of these little bags the air is shifted over to the opposite air bag which is why there is sway. With air bags you want to fill them individually and not have them connected to a single air fill connection.