2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
What I learned when I made harnesses for the keyless enter n go mod:

1. One of the hardest things is keeping track of long runs, and keeping those long runs separate but neat while you work on the rest
2. Putting wiring into split loom is a PITA.

The harness for this mod will be even longer, so Im anticipating even more of a PITA. Ordering some parts tonight/tomorrow so hopefully I can start on them this weekend.

Also curious if anyone can get this working on a 1500, or else I might have to sell (or return) my taillights.
You don't make your work?

Loom is a pita. I had a tool to put the wire in but I loose it.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/131566110338

I wanna try this.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/133214111137

What kind of wire are you using to run the connections to the front? I found a 4 pairs speakers wire.

Last edited:

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I got my spot lights and running lamps all wired up. I used a "blinker genie" to make the running lights work. I had them wired up, but they would not drop out like I wanted to.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I got my spot lights and running lamps all wired up. I used a "blinker genie" to make the running lights work. I had them wired up, but they would not drop out like I wanted to.

What is a blinker genie ?
Where did you wire the running lights to ?
Thanks

18ram2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning guys. Somebody is asking me to build a pair of harness for a Ram with factory Led taillights. Where can I get the male plugs? Is any special thing that I have to be in mind when make those? Thanks

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good morning guys. Somebody is asking me to build a pair of harness for a Ram with factory Led taillights. Where can I get the male plugs? Is any special thing that I have to be in mind when make those? Thanks
I've never been able to find a good source for that exact connector. Jimmy listed parts in a post, I think on page 10, he shows the"closest fit" to the actual factory connector. You need to modify a connector to slide into the factory one.

There are various trailer wiring setups that have the correct connector but then you are paying ~$20 just to use the 2 connectors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The connectors on the factory gen 4 lights are made by Aptiv. The connector is Aptiv Apex 2.8 part # 54200612 and the part # for the pins is 54001801-L. You need 5 pins per side. These are the connectors you need to make a plug and play transition. I bought mine from Waytek but they are available at Mouser and many other places.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Guys. I just think about it. What if I reffer my costumer to some of you? Somebody do it already?

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I made a couple, one for a forum member and another for a 4th gen Ram Facebook group owner. I have enough parts for one more factory equiped LED truck but I did order more 12 pin connectors the last time I ordered parts from Mouser. Next time I place an order with Waytek, I will probably grab more 6 pins. I use connectors for various other things, like completely rewiring a 28ft boat, so it's never an issue for me to have extras.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ive done pigtails to go from non-LED to LED but I never used the factory 6 pin LED connector so I will defer to those who have.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I made a couple, one for a forum member and another for a 4th gen Ram Facebook group owner. I have enough parts for one more factory equiped LED truck but I did order more 12 pin connectors the last time I ordered parts from Mouser. Next time I place an order with Waytek, I will probably grab more 6 pins. I use connectors for various other things, like completely rewiring a 28ft boat, so it's never an issue for me to have extras.

Hi Roman. So you would like that I reffer my costumer to you?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orca