2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Let me ask something... I want to change my dash for the premium, can this make any conflict with the blind spot sensors? And, it is possible to send video signal to that screen? I have a front camera that will be great to send that signal to the screen in the dash... [emoji848][emoji848][emoji848]

them0difier

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've never been able to find a good source for that exact connector. Jimmy listed parts in a post, I think on page 10, he shows the"closest fit" to the actual factory connector. You need to modify a connector to slide into the factory one.

There are various trailer wiring setups that have the correct connector but then you are paying ~$20 just to use the 2 connectors.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don’t recall any comments about needing to modify the connector to work with the factory LED connector. Could you possibly direct me to where this is stated in this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mpgrimm2

Preferred Vendor
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 (5th Gen)
Engine
5.7L
I don’t recall any comments about needing to modify the connector to work with the factory LED connector. Could you possibly direct me to where this is stated in this thread?

Been following this when I can...
See post 92.

If I can find time and a deal on some tails I'm interested in giving this a go on my 18 Laramie . Still swamped.

M² Mods.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

I think that was my fault, I thought they said they were coming from non-LED factory taillights.

If you have factory LED tails, the 6 pin connector referred to here is readily available and will plug right into the 6 pin that goes to the current LED tails on your truck.

If you DON'T have factory LED tails, there are 2 connectors you would need....a 3 pin and a 2 pin. The 2 pin is readily available, the 3 pin is not. You can find the truck side of the 3 pin, but not the light side. You would buy a connector that is "close enough" to work on the light side, then modify it by removing a tab. Note you are modifying the connector you purchased, NOT the truck.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
FYI - anyone looking to take on this project, I have a set of lights I will be selling once I have time to post them. PM me if you are interested before then.

Thanks.

-Chris

tall70

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yes, it’s working now. For now, I do know that whenever a car is in the blind spot, the indicator LED illuminates on the side that the car is on. I haven’t tried yet, but, if there’s a car in your blind spot, and you hit the turn signal to change lanes, there should be an audible chime, and (possibly?) an alert on the EVIC. The cluster definitely displays if there’s an issue with the sensors and if the blind spot monitoring is turned off or on.
Give me a little bit on the part numbers for the tail lights. There’s so many depending on sensor or no sensor, and red or black.

I was so hopping the visual blind spot alert is actually in EVIC, I'm finding the leds in mirrors distracting to straight focus and to safely change lanes blind spot mirrors really need to be used (for same reason i believe blind spot mirrors should be mandatory), blind spot alert is there only in case of driver either making mistake not looking, or if someone is mousing through cars recklessly fast

Thank you for posting all your work, this reminds me gta5 modding, it's so satisfying to get upgrades up and running, especially those aiding safety

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I was so hopping the visual blind spot alert is actually in EVIC, I'm finding the leds in mirrors distracting to straight focus and to safely change lanes blind spot mirrors really need to be used (for same reason i believe blind spot mirrors should be mandatory), blind spot alert is there only in case of driver either making mistake not looking, or if someone is mousing through cars recklessly fast

Thank you for posting all your work, this reminds me gta5 modding, it's so satisfying to get upgrades up and running, especially those aiding safety
What model is your truck ?
2500 etc

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Wake up everybody... hahaha making the connections for the blind spots right now... Where you connect the can ihs? I just see a hub under the steering wheel but it has just one left. I need 2 right?

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Wake up everybody... hahaha making the connections for the blind spots right now... Where you connect the can ihs? I just see a hub under the steering wheel but it has just one left. I need 2 right?
I also only had one so just put the wires under one connector
Solder the second pair onto the other pair that is going to be plugged in

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I also only had one so just put the wires under one connector
Solder the second pair onto the other pair that is going to be plugged in

I dont think you can do that...maybe why you were getting wacky results with DT sensors?

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There should be two hubs under there, one with white connectors and one with green. The one with green connectors is CAN IHS, the other one is CAN C. They are not interchangeable.

My CAN C hub only had a single open spot, the CAN IHS had a ton of open slots.

Unwrap more of the foam tape, both are in there.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
They should work still, they are essentially all being connected in parallel to the bus. The CAN bus is just a pair of shielded wire terminated with a 120ohm resistor on each end.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
There should be two hubs under there, one with white connectors and one with green. The one with green connectors is CAN IHS, the other one is CAN C. They are not interchangeable.

My CAN C hub only had a single open spot, the CAN IHS had a ton of open slots.

Unwrap more of the foam tape, both are in there.

I think is behind of the can IHS but I dont have this clear. I need the can C also? Or just can ihs + and can ihs - ???

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
There should be one more in there with a white hub and green connectors. The green hub with white connectors is the CAN C hub, don't plug anything into that one.

The one you need to plug into for the BSMs is white with green connectors. There should be more slots open in that one.

The CAN C and CAN IHS both have + and -. The difference is that the CAN IHS is the "interior" bus where as CAN C is used by the transmission, engine, ABS, etc and is a higher speed.

If you plug the BSMs into the CAN C, it will mess with the whole network because of a speed mismatch, 125kpbs vs, I think, 500 kpbs.

Kalill Nieto

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok. I understand that now...

Now, Which side of the connectors are + and -?

Btw. What mean BSM? [emoji848]