2019 HD Tail lights in a 4th gen

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got mine wired up to my repined 2019 mirrors

Nice!

I'm not sure we'll find correct glass for us non tow guys, unless the aftermarket is involved.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
So I purchased a couple of sets of mirrors with blind spot. It turns out for sure the 2019 1500 mirrors do not fit. I did however purchase a set from a 2019 2500 with blind spot, camera, power fold etc. Does any one know the pin configuration on the 2019 tow mirror models so I can attempt to rein to fit my 2018 ram 2500 laramie? I tried to figure it out using the pigtail website, but was a little confused. Hopefully I can get that working along with the 360 camera and outer tow mirror to be adjusted electronically.
Hi bud I was just wondering what you did with the repin on the blind spot mirrors with regards to the return wire for the blind spot lamp
Did you move pin10 from c2 to pin 2 on c1?
I have my mirror hooked up but the led indicator is staying on and still getting blind spot temporary unavailable

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I can connect to each module using the charger profile .
It shows .ecu mismatch on both BSM.
I also seen a canbus poor performance code .
The guys who have this working can you see if you are getting the ecu mismatch under the charger profile if possible .
Everything else works power food ,turn signal ,puddle lights and heaters .

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
I’m staring to think I need to disable or turn on some option in the config
I wired temporary leds and still got the same error and solid light still just like the Mirrors led .
If I can connect to the modules I would think the tail light side is good ?

OP
OP
S

superjoe83

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I wired temporary leds and still got the same error and solid light still just like the Mirrors led .
You have to enable four things in the BCM,

Doors- blindspot mirror present

Custsetmenu- blindspot alert CSM

Cabin net- RBSM right blind spot module
Cabin net- LBSM left blind spot module

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What year is your truck? My 2015 has the same errors. I have sensors out of a 2016 GC coming next week to test out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I can connect to each module using the charger profile .
It shows .ecu mismatch on both BSM.
I also seen a canbus poor performance code .
The guys who have this working can you see if you are getting the ecu mismatch under the charger profile if possible .
Everything else works power food ,turn signal ,puddle lights and heaters .

What year is your truck? My 2015 has the same errors. I have sensors out of a 2016 GC coming next week to test out.

Ok, now this is getting weird. Skuppy’s got a 2018, and he’s got the same behavior as you did- with everything hooked up, the blind spot indicators remain lit with the temporary unavailable message. We do have two confirmed successful 2018 installs here so far.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7

I have those turned on .

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7
Ok, now this is getting weird. Skuppy’s got a 2018, and he’s got the same behavior as you did- with everything hooked up, the blind spot indicators remain lit with the temporary unavailable message. We do have two confirmed successful 2018 installs here so far.
I know I’m scratching my head here .Like what would cause a ecu mismatch would be program missing on a point in the bcm ?

Last edited:

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any idea how long to make the harness for a quad cab? I'll get some wire this week and start building mine so I can test too.

Didn't plan on doing it right away but want to make sure I don't have any weird issues too.

skuppy069

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 cc
Engine
hemi 5.7

Are you able to list a copy of your bcm details ?
Maybe I’m missing something like my truck came with premium Mirrors and now it has tow mirrors .
I enable tow mirror present .
I removed memory Mirrors and auto dimming driver and passenger mirrors.
I don’t show faults in my door modules only when connecting with the charger

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any idea how long to make the harness for a quad cab? I'll get some wire this week and start building mine so I can test too.

Didn't plan on doing it right away but want to make sure I don't have any weird issues too.

I will send you my sizes for a crew cab tomorrow. You'll need to subtract a couple of inches.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I will send you my sizes for a crew cab tomorrow. You'll need to subtract a couple of inches.

Thanks!

bellaireroad

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

What is the earliest BCM that has been documented to work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Roman217

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Both your taillights were brand new, right? Do you know if the other confirmed install had new or used lights? I've been told that the VIN mismatch between current and original can cause issues in some cases. My left light is new and the right is used. I am going to try a VIN reset procedure to see if that gets the VINs to match and whether that clears the error. I'm not holding my breath on that being my issue though.

chrisbh17

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Has anyone with a 1500 gotten it working (regardless of model year)?

I know I have a 2017 like Jimmy but mine is a 1500 and his is a 2500. Not sure if the BCM is any different between the two but I see skuppy also has a 1500 and is having an issue (granted, its a 2018)

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Both your taillights were brand new, right? Do you know if the other confirmed install had new or used lights? I've been told that the VIN mismatch between current and original can cause issues in some cases. My left light is new and the right is used. I am going to try a VIN reset procedure to see if that gets the VINs to match and whether that clears the error. I'm not holding my breath on that being my issue though.

Mine are both used. One is from a wrecked truck, the other is from a brand new truck that we’re takeoffs for a utility bed swap. They both show the original VIN as being from their respective trucks, and my VIN as the current.