2019 Hemi Premium Fuel?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I fill my 2021 1500 Limited up with the non-Ethanol 90 octane grade from a station that sells "Top Tier Gasoline" (whatever that really means). Because we are working from home, there's weeks where I may not drive more than 30 miles, and I don't want the ethanol sitting in the truck for long periods of time.

Have the auto manufacturers adapted engine designs so that ethanol no longer causes problems if it sits in engines for long periods of times?

https://www.toptiergas.com/licensed-brands/

Top Tier contains extra detergent to maintain cleanliness longer. Injector nozzles only for GDI engines, nozzles and intake valves for SMPFI engines, like our Hemi's.

JS4024

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That is not true. The ethanol content directly correlates to the octane rating. Please research prior to posting. I worked in this biz for 20+ years, retired engineer.
Seems like some in the biz are not in the know. Limit where I live is 10% ethanol across all the different octane ratings... Also the NON Ethanol fuel that is available is 90 Octane. Since they sell it as non ethanol how can it be that octane is directly correlated to the octane rating?????????

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Seems like some in the biz are not in the know. Limit where I live is 10% ethanol across all the different octane ratings... Also the NON Ethanol fuel that is available is 90 Octane. Since they sell it as non ethanol how can it be that octane is directly correlated to the octane rating?????????
There are multiple factors that play role in octane rating. Most of it is based on fuel additives. The additives still raise the octane rating but are not ethanol. The stations by me sell 89 non ethanol unless you go to Sunoco 20 miles away and they sell 93 non ethanol.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
There are multiple factors that play role in octane rating. Most of it is based on fuel additives. The additives still raise the octane rating but are not ethanol. The stations by me sell 89 non ethanol unless you go to Sunoco 20 miles away and they sell 93 non ethanol.

Please read his statement - fuel at higher octane for less money = subsidized alcohol, not oil company additives.

Munkie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Jumping in late on this one but here we go. Where i live my only option for ethanol free is 91 octane. That is what i use...not because the octane is higher but because of the ethanol free. Opinions?

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Jumping in late on this one but here we go. Where i live my only option for ethanol free is 91 octane. That is what i use...not because the octane is higher but because of the ethanol free. Opinions?

I like the idea of Alcohol Free Fuel, I just can't find any.....

noodles

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Using your store rewards and/or Gas Buddy can help with deferring some costs associated with higher octane. I use the Fuel Rewards, Gas Buddy and Giant rewards at Shell to fill up 89 oct.

bigbluecrew

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have a 2020 2500 HD with a 6.4with the eco mode on it and I noticed when I run 87 especially when it goes into that eco-mode it ticks like the old school valves did back in the day I don’t notice it though when I run 89 octane it goes away and it seems to be that’s what the truck runs best on I haven’t tried premium fuel yet and as of right now with the price I don’t intend to so for me it’s been 89 works best towing and regular driving.

SniperDroid

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I have a 2020 2500 HD with a 6.4with the eco mode on it and I noticed when I run 87 especially when it goes into that eco-mode it ticks like the old school valves did back in the day I don’t notice it though when I run 89 octane it goes away and it seems to be that’s what the truck runs best on I haven’t tried premium fuel yet and as of right now with the price I don’t intend to so for me it’s been 89 works best towing and regular driving.

Octane Rating is a measure of Resistance to Detonation. Do a quick web search on Octane Rating and read about how it prevents 'Knocking' in the combustion chamber. Then do a search on "Top Tier Fuels" and find out about the additives they put in fuel. Better Fuel = Better Running Truck!

Brian Reyes

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Hemi
I ran 91-93 since i got my girl last November. I just started putting 87 in because of job change and longer traveling. I've heard one knock since using 87 and haven't noticed anything different in MPG. I have been putting star brite startron every fill (about 2 oz per fill up)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963