2019 Laramie 4x4 hemi 3.92 gas mileage.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I feel for you. You might consider moving to a "Clean-Air county", they do exist within California. Smog it once and done. Never heard of getting a re-flash for smog control around here. Uphill is better air for you, too.
'Course we have other issues, like fire season, it's coming.... :hat:
ya texas is sounding better every day cheaper gas too ! to much bs going on in california ya know !

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
With 2000 + miles on odometer.
As you can see from the picture the average gas mileage is 16.4 mpg.
This is 95% local driving to town on country roads about 8 miles one way. And about 100 miles towing a trailer. And I put my foot in it at least once a trip:)

Anyway, I decided to do a best case highway mileage test.

70 mph on cruise. I-20 With some small hills. Short trip. I could not stand it any longer lol

22 MPG. NOT TOO SHABBY HEMI!

Your mileage may vary

View attachment 195722
maybe I got to talk to the dealer then. What you think about my gas consumption

OP
OP
2019RamInSC

2019RamInSC

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

12 mpg in real city stop and go is probably not to bad.

But if your saying your mileage in the same type of driving went from 16.7 to 12. That is definitely not right at only 16,000 miles.

I'm sure some experts will chime in. I would check your air filter and such. Not sure how much the dealer would help.

Good luck.

leroyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Gas
Hey folks first post, been lurking since I purchased my 2019 2500 HD Laramie 6.4 Hemi now with 2004 miles and its first pull this past weekend. I have experience pulling my 40 foot RV 12K and traded in a 2016 gmc denali 6.6 diesel for my new ram.
I was tired of the maintenance ( extra additives for fuel, air dog fuel filter,seperate cat 3 micron filter. and beginning to have emissions issues while under warranty so I went back to reliable gas and liked the Ram 6.4 with 8 speed tranny.
All this to say it pulled better than expected , in fact much smoother ride than my old GMC denali diesel. Drive was over 250 miles of flat South Texas highways and avg miles on the lie-o-meter showed 9.5 miles to the gal avg. Not bad as the GMC was close to 10 miles to the gallon as well. The eight speed tranny handled well.
My daily driving so far has me with an avg 16 miles to the gallon without any pull.
Totally satisfied with my new Ram and enjoy reading all your threads nightly.
Thanks to all of you that have added information that helped in my decision.
Leroy

leroyg

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi Gas
Hey folks first post, been lurking since I purchased my 2019 2500 HD Laramie 6.4 Hemi now with 2004 miles and its first pull this past weekend. I have experience pulling my 40 foot RV 12K and traded in a 2016 gmc denali 6.6 diesel for my new ram.
I was tired of the maintenance ( extra additives for fuel, air dog fuel filter,seperate cat 3 micron filter. and beginning to have emissions issues while under warranty so I went back to reliable gas and liked the Ram 6.4 with 8 speed tranny.
All this to say it pulled better than expected , in fact much smoother ride than my old GMC denali diesel. Drive was over 250 miles of flat South Texas highways and avg miles on the lie-o-meter showed 9.5 miles to the gal avg. Not bad as the GMC was close to 10 miles to the gallon as well. The eight speed tranny handled well.
My daily driving so far has me with an avg 16 miles to the gallon without any pull.
Totally satisfied with my new Ram and enjoy reading all your threads nightly.
Thanks to all of you that have added information that helped in my decision.
Leroy

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
dealer s says oh well california new law not telling till u get in a dodge dealer and then doing it ! bet part of the law suite deal last year ! in dec snog they keep looking all over on my truck cuz past snog really good ya cuz I did all the work on it so it burns all the fuel in it ! did do plugs but sometimes dip way down even when coasting down hill dumb right ! idles higher when cold and still idles very low at 500 rpm s anyone else have this problem s makes oil pressure to 29lbs

Joe Genovese

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
so far I have 65 miles on my new 2020 and its at 13mpg, I dont see it getting much better lol

My 2016 with 3.92's did about 13-14 around town and pulling a 20' enclosed with my 2003 mustang cobra in the trailer I see about 7-9mpg highway lol
Im sure the 2020 will be near identical

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine

But if your saying your mileage in the same type of driving went from 16.7 to 12. That is definitely not right at only 16,000 miles.

I'm sure some experts will chime in. I would check your air filter and such. Not sure how much the dealer would help.

Good luck.
ya 10 years truck ran fine now crappy acts like no gas to it ! time to move put in a use cp in it start all over when it worked correctly ! and my smog past in dec ?

madtrucker2016

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Good luck.
Just looked today at the cluster and it reading 12.4 miles per freaking gallon But what to do >> the dealer would give me some ******** double talk and say later.

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
I dont get good mileage in stop and go traffic but get over 20 on the highway. the very thing that makes this truck good at hauling and towing...the 4.56 first gear and 3.92 rear end make it not good for stop and go traffic. I use it to pull my travel trailer and for long trips. we use the wife's Infiniti around town..drives like a sports car and gets great mileage.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
wish mine was good california's update on my 10 year old truck drop my intown for 11 good day now 8.8 sooo sucks how they just do what they want ! hope there taken off emissions this god like trying to bs my truck ! mean while the three oil plants don't pay a thing messing up 40 percent of smog here ! anyone go to another state and get it reflash on truck ? can one do it ?

I average 16.5 mpg with my 2500 truck but then I don't drive it like a kid with rabbit starts and speeding at 80 mph to go 10 miles to a store. Big rig tractors pulling doubles on the interstate average 6-8 mpg with average drivers and the same rigs on the same routes with good drivers average 10-11 mpg. That is a difference of more than 20% better fuel economy with a smart driver behind the wheel.

El Huapo

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 4X4 Warlock 1500 Classic DS w/3.55 LSD
Engine
V6 flex
I average 16.5 mpg with my 2500 truck but then I don't drive it like a kid with rabbit starts and speeding at 80 mph to go 10 miles to a store. Big rig tractors pulling doubles on the interstate average 6-8 mpg with average drivers and the same rigs on the same routes with good drivers average 10-11 mpg. That is a difference of more than 20% better fuel economy with a smart driver behind the wheel.

And there it is.