2019 RAM 1500 22 INCH WHEELS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FRONTLINE109

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Any body have any experience with the 2019 and putting over sized tires on the factory 22 inch wheels?any info or experience is appreciated

Sms limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi ETorque
I am looking at the same options for tires with my stock 22”s the best option I found is the nitto ridge grappler with the 285 50 22’s
I had the truck looked at and there is very little space so you can’t go wide with the factory offset on the wheels

P

Paul Skarra

I am looking at the same options for tires with my stock 22”s the best option I found is the nitto ridge grappler with the 285 50 22’s
I had the truck looked at and there is very little space so you can’t go wide with the factory offset on the wheels
What is the factory ET on the 22's?

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 with 22s on my GMC I just sold. That experience led me to never do that again. For me.....For me, it ruined the ride. Those E rated tires felt like the run flats that came on my BMWs. They were extremely heavy, non-forgiving because they have little flex when needed for small potholes or irregularities.

I don't say that to change anyone's mind..........just speaking from my own experience. Attached is the truck. Leveled front end with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Denali 22 inch replica rims. I know it's a Ram forum....but wanted to show that you can do 22s with Nittos. It road excellent on highways, I'll admit and I got alot of compliments. I love the look

good luck

IMG_8108.JPG

Dan B

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
I hate my stock 22 rubber. I can't wait till they wear out.

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Metro Detroit area after 28 years in Florida
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
I'm good with the Goodyear Eagle Touring. They performed fine on my trip from Florida to Michigan on the Interstates. Sidewalls are easy to detail. Hoping to get about 45,000 miles out of them. I've always had good luck with Goodyears

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Over 7,000 reviews on 1010 tire. 4.6 out of 5. Not horrible as far as I read. I can't find a reason to rate them "horrible".

Goodyear Eagle Touring 285/45/22 XL??? I respect that you found those great reviews. I hate the tires as well as the low mileage ppl are reporting before having to replace them. I never heard of 1010 because I use tirerack............ I found the tire, on 1010, but it is for passenger cars....not the ones on our trucks.

Also, I see the 4.6 rating, but that rating is for 1010 tires, not the tires themselves.When I click on the tire, it has 0 reviews. Of course, I could be wrong....but I'm looking at it now.

Specifically, my issue is ....they don't last. I've seen ppl, on forums....actual users report not getting 40K on them. I hope they're wrong!!!

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
Goodyear Eagle Touring 285/45/22 XL??? I respect that you found those great reviews. I hate the tires as well as the low mileage ppl are reporting before having to replace them. I never heard of 1010 because I use tirerack............I'm looking right now and don't see Goodyear Eagle Touring. Send the link so I can see what mileage ppl are saying they're getting before replacement because the tire has no mileage guarantee.

Specifically, my issue is ....they don't last. I've had a number of trucks with 22 inch rims and I can get great mileage out of them. The re

Tirerack has a 4.1 rating (only 12 reviews). On my quick Google Search 1010 tire came up it 4.6 with 7,344 reviews but the link doesn't pull up the reviews, sorry.

For the most part 22's are performance tires which aren't known for long mileage. I replaced my corvette tires at just over 8,000 miles. Cords showing -- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2

Last edited:

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Tirerack has a 4.1 rating (only 12 reviews). On my quick Google Search 1010 tire came up it 4.6 with 7,344 reviews but the link doesn't pull up the reviews, sorry.

For the most part 22's are performance tires which aren't known for long mileage. I replaced my corvette tires at just over 8,000 miles. Cords showing -- Michelin Pilot Super Sport Cup 2

It's all good bro!! I belive the 4.6/7,344 reviews are for the company 1010, but I could be wrong. I shop at Tirerack exclusively and I've never seen a tire with so few reviews. I've had 22s on all of my trucks and have gotten over 40K on each of them......I do agree they are more of a performance tire, for sure. But I've gotten 40K easily on every GMC with 22s on Bridgestones. Maybe its because I'm **** about air pressure and I rotate alot.

yeah........I had a 750Li that didn't get many miles on those tires either. That vette is a finely tuned sports car that needs tires that can GRIP lol

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had Nitto Terra Grapplers G2 with 22s on my GMC I just sold. That experience led me to never do that again. For me.....For me, it ruined the ride. Those E rated tires felt like the run flats that came on my BMWs. They were extremely heavy, non-forgiving because they have little flex when needed for small potholes or irregularities.

I don't say that to change anyone's mind..........just speaking from my own experience. Attached is the truck. Leveled front end with Bilstein 5100 adjustable shocks, Nitto Terra Grapplers, and Denali 22 inch replica rims. I know it's a Ram forum....but wanted to show that you can do 22s with Nittos. It road excellent on highways, I'll admit and I got alot of compliments. I love the look

good luck

View attachment 137635
All you did was make an already rough ride worse. The new body style GM trucks ride terrible in all configurations compared to their ancestors. The 2014 and newer Z71 models were known for having a particularly more harsh ride than the standard 4X4 model. I would say even the coil sprung RAM 2500 rides better stock for stock. D and E rated tires will definitely firm up the RAM 1500's ride but not to that point. I would recommend riding in one with D or E rated tires before passing judgement. I think you'll be surprised. Not trying to say anything negative about your old ride but I've been in your shoes and its no secret that GM really firmed up the ride on the 2014 up trucks trying to compete with Ford on payload and towing capacity.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All you did was make an already rough ride worse. The new body style GM trucks ride terrible in all configurations compared to their ancestors. The 2014 and newer Z71 models were known for having a particularly more harsh ride than the standard 4X4 model. I would say even the coil sprung RAM 2500 rides better stock for stock. D and E rated tires will definitely firm up the RAM 1500's ride but not to that point. I would recommend riding in one with D or E rated tires before passing judgement. I think you'll be surprised. Not trying to say anything negative about your old ride but I've been in your shoes and its no secret that GM really firmed up the ride on the 2014 up trucks trying to compete with Ford on payload and towing capacity.

I respect your opinion. Please know that GMC is not the only truck I've ridden in with E rated tires. I'm at Fort Bragg....home of ...."dudes think every truck has to have E rated tires" .....I work at Special Forces Command, home of "the bigger the tires the better" ......the ride just isn't for me. It's hard to go to lunch with any male coworker and it not be a truck with E rated tires. I've ridden in them all from Ford to GMC to Ram on 33s, 35s, leveled, lifted, etc.

My GMC suspension was great, in it's stock form 'to me'.......I made it much better by switching to Bilstein in front and back. The truck rode outstanding 'to me' until I put those tires on it.

You stated D and E rated tires will firm up the Ram 1500's ride, but not to that point........can we agree that rough, smooth, harsh, bumpy, hard are all subjective terms? "Firm up" .....it's such a subjective term. You stated I made a rough ride worse.......but I was far from rough on stock Z71 shocks or superior the Bilsteins.

One thing for sure, I love the look of bigger tires, so I'm not hating on that look. Soon, there will be another look and this will be 'old' ......my first three trucks, I lowered because it was the thing at that time.

Last edited:

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I respect your opinion. Please know that GMC is not the only truck I've ridden in with E rated tires. I'm at Fort Bragg....home of ...."dudes think every truck has to have E rated tires" .....I work at Special Forces Command, home of "the bigger the tires the better" ......the ride just isn't for me. It's hard to go to lunch with any male coworker and it not be a truck with E rated tires. I've ridden in them all from Ford to GMC to Ram on 33s, 35s, leveled, lifted, etc.

My GMC suspension was great, in it's stock form 'to me'.......I made it much better by switching to Bilstein in front and back. The truck rode outstanding 'to me' until I put those tires on it.

You stated D and E rated tires will firm up the Ram 1500's ride, but not to that point........can we agree that rough, smooth, harsh, bumpy, hard are all subjective terms? "Firm up" .....it's such a subjective term. You stated I made a rough ride worse.......but I was far from rough on stock Z71 shocks or superior the Bilsteins.

One thing for sure, I love the look of bigger tires, so I'm not hating on that look. Soon, there will be another look and this will be 'old' ......my first three trucks, I lowered because it was the thing at that time.

I owned two of that generation truck, have a 2015 Silverado work vehicle and have rode in numerous coworkers and friends trucks of the 2014-2018 variety and I found the ride even in stock form with Michelin LTX M/S tires to be pretty bad compared to the previous two gen. trucks. Since the RAM has coil springs in the rear I think it would pretty much be impossible to make it ride as stiff as a GM or Ford truck no matter what you did to the suspension or changed tire wise. Hell I also have a 2003 F350 LWB crew cab at my disposal and I think it even rides better than the Silverado and it has stock size K02's on it.

warv3t

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

again, I respect your opinion. I don't think we will come to a full agreement and that's cool bro!!! I do agree that coils with E rated should be much better!

Sms limited

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi ETorque
Alright guys I got some new tires for my 22’s
Nitro ridge grappler 33x12.5 r22
Only a minimal amount of rubbing at full rotation, other than that it rides very smooth, quiet and I’m happy with it.

9A0B94C9-3C67-4336-A647-0787939D5FAD.jpeg

CC815D04-7499-410B-BE78-9C915C928414.jpeg

0C9DEE05-E297-4BFA-97FB-E83AF78B3E7D.jpeg

4BB15636-AE11-4EE4-923F-BE5055682964.jpeg

840783DC-D75A-48C1-9639-C47FB41873F6.jpeg

Jus Cruisin

Gearhead
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Limited 4X4
Engine
E-torque hemi
^^^^^^ I have Ridge Grapplers on my Jeep JKU. I really like them but I don't need them on my Ram I'll keep the stockers until I wear them out. Good luck with them on the Limited Looks good.

Bobby Moore

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Alright guys I got some new tires for my 22’s
Nitro ridge grappler 33x12.5 r22
Only a minimal amount of rubbing at full rotation, other than that it rides very smooth, quiet and I’m happy with it.

Hey SMS - I have the exact same setup as of this weekend. I even have the same color Limited! Question - what air pressures did you end up with? And, I know its late to ask, but after a year, are you still happy with them?