2019 ram 1500 - Auto lights won't work, cannot turn fog lights on/off, cannot turn on bed light from the instrument panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

henshawzm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7-liter Hemi V8
I noticed last night that my headlights will not switch between high/low beams when in auto mode. I continued to try the instrument panel and it seems as though my fog light switch and bed light switch are not working either. Any ideas?

Could this just be an issue with the panel itself or some other underlying issue?

Also, it seems as if I start having issues whenever the weather becomes colder or around time change. Anyone else's 5th gen hate the cold??

Cumminsmaster5000

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hi,
Did you figure out your situation?
I just recently added fog light to my 21 tradesman. And added the stock headlight switch to turn them on and off, but recently my passenger fog light turns on and off by itself while driving down the road. I’m leaning towards a bad from stock headlight switch.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
And added the stock headlight switch to turn them on and off, but recently my passenger fog light turns on and off by itself while driving down the road. I’m leaning towards a bad from stock headlight switch
If it's just one of the fog lights, your problem is in the wiring or possibly the BCM, same could also apply for some situations if both are turning on/off.
If your fog light icon in the EVIC turns on/off then suspect the headlight switch.
The headlight switch does not switch the actual power going to any of the lights, that all happens in the BCM.

Lamarsh

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 1500 Rebel
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Did you try removing the panel that the lights switch is on (left of steering wheel) and check the harness that plugs into it?

barr0208

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 ram 1500 sport long bed
Engine
5.7 3.92 4x4 ruby red
if your auto dimming is turned on in the evic your switch will not allow the high beam to work and when high beam is turned on your fog lights turn off thats the way it is setup

TestPilot57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
if your auto dimming is turned on in the evic your switch will not allow the high beam to work ...
Interesting. I have tried auto-dimming a few different times but have felt it's not for me, so haven't used it enough to notice this. But it does make some sense. However, it DOES seem like you should be able to go from High to Low beam even if the sensor doesn't sense vehicles ahead of you. For sure, if the sensor says there's traffic ahead you should not be able to manually engage High.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat