2001 Ram 1500 parking/dash lights won't turn off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

joey400ex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I cannot get my parking lights (orange bulbs upfront), running lights, and dash lights to turn off. I cut the ground wire on the trailer hook up to see if that would help and it did not (after watching a youtube video on similar issue). I disconnected the light switch which did not turn them off, but I did order a new one since the plastic broke... go figure. I do not see a DRL module that I can find. I have check the fuses which are good and not really sure which relay would control this? I assume it's a stuck relay but I'm kinda lost. I have to take the battery terminal cable off when I'm done using the truck. There is some shotty trailer wiring in the rear with an relay attached for the trailer lights, not sure if this is the issues. Gonna work more on it tonight, maybe I can cut the wires off and remove that relay since I don't tow a trailer. This is a hunting truck and I only use it 3 months out of the year. Any help would be great.

OP
OP
J

joey400ex

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It was the trailer light relay. It was mount in a hidden spot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Mop