2019 ram 1500 Classic electrical issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HunterS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Recently I’ve taken my truck up to the dealership to have it looked at for an electronic issue and it came out to be moisture in the I230 connector. I was wondering if there is something I can do to fix this considering it’s not covered under extended warranty through Chrysler and I’m definitely not playing 1000 bucks for a new plug. Here’s the write up I received from the dealer

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 19

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Is your factory warranty expired, how many miles?

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
Imagine a world where parts are not readily available and things are hard to get when they are…oh wait that is now.

I find it hard to believe there is nothing that can be done to clean the connector per the tech And they want to replace the cable. What could a can of compressed air and some proper electric grease/sealant do for you? It might be worth a shot trying to home hack this one to save a grand of hard-earned cash. What do others think?

OP
OP
H

HunterS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
Imagine a world where parts are not readily available and things are hard to get when they are…oh wait that is now.

I find it hard to believe there is nothing that can be done to clean the connector per the tech And they want to replace the cable. What could a can of compressed air and some proper electric grease/sealant do for you? It might be worth a shot trying to home hack this one to save a grand of hard-earned cash. What do others think?
I just love how it’s a factory plug it’s never been messed with and all I was doing was driving in rain yet they won’t warranty the work for it…

OP
OP
H

HunterS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L
To make sure I got this right the I230 is that grey one right?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 17

KoboldTaco

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7L
I just love how it’s a factory plug it’s never been messed with and all I was doing was driving in rain yet they won’t warranty the work for it…
Yeah, sadly it’s a for-profit business and well, some are ethical…others are not.

After reading your tech report…sounds like there are a few ends if it is somehow roached. Might a junkyard or pick-a-part be an option? Or I guess you will have to suck it up And pay but daaaaaang.