2019 Ram 3500 Tradesman 5.0 -> 8.4" upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alienwrkshop51

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
I've been reading through the dizzying amount of posts on this site and others and I am still having troubles wrapping my head around upgrading the connect 5" radio.

I found an 8.4" VP2 out of a 2019 ram 1500 locally for a fair price. I haven't been able to figure out yet if that particular model will work in a 2500/3500 series, and if so what exactly is required to make the upgrade happen? For clarity, I have the 5" uconnect, SiriusXM, and manual HVAC controls currently.

I don't particularly care about navigation, and I don't believe that unit has it. All I really want is a bigger screen for the backup camera and CarPlay.

I know that I'll need a new bezel, and I believe the fan blower module, is that all?

I also found another deal locally that seems like it would be perfect, I'm just not sure if it'll be compatible. It's an 8.4 out of a Jeep Cherokee. The seller says they had in their 2019 Ram Classic (not clear on which model exactly) That unit comes with the bezel and blower. Does anyone know if that'll be enough for the upgrade in my tradesman?

Thank you in advance!