2020 RAM Limited Tailgate Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM_CSD_2020

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 L 395 HP
Took my RAM to the dealer to address the tailgate recall. Now tailgate is worse. Often will not open at all.. I try everything to get it to open... pushing the tailgate doesn't work. Sometimes pushing one side in while operating the latch will pop the tailgate open, but not always. Sometimes locking and unlocking from the door button will get the tailgate latch to open, but again, not always. It seems that the latching mechanism doesn't seem to engage all the time to release the tailgate so it opens. Oh yeah, I also tried WD40 and also various lubricants sprayed into the tailgate, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference. Any other suggestions? Is there any video out there that shows how to open up the 2020 RAM Limited tailgate and adjust the latching mechanism? This is a very frustrating issue that is a consistent problem... Would the extended warranty cover fixing the latching mechanism??

Razzman

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited CCSB
Engine
6.7 Cummins
My 2020 2500 Limited had tailgate issues as well, never seemed to close right. One day I investigated it and realized the bed was not square or centered correctly on the frame. Took it to the dealer and pointed this out and they sent it to a body shop, they loosened up all the bolts and centered and squared it up. Tailgate works much better now.