2020 Ram Power Wagon Recent Mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Extra parts available.
Toyo RT 35x12.5x17 on factory black PW wheels. PW rear bumper scratch/dent free.
PW7.jpgPW8.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
The sliders have a bunch of rivets into the body and bolts into the factory holes. They also leave room for Amp steps underneath.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Yes mostly. I'll have to do a camera relocation.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you can I would really like to see more pictures of the sliders, especially from underneath and behind the rockers to see how they attach. Was planning on building my own and debating between body mounted versus frame mounted (i.e. White Knuckles). Always been a fan of body mounted if properly supported and the way I have my Chevy K5 Blazer setup. Also like the option of mounting Amps if you go with body mounted sliders. Though also thinking about making some bolt on steps versus paying $1,000+ for Amps.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Here are the photos of how the sliders are installed. I was travelling from CA back to TX and stopped in AZ to have them installed at Randy Ellis. If you have a couple of jackstands and a few tools they wouldnt be hard to install. PW9.jpgPW10.jpgPW11.jpgPW12.jpg

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
I dont have any steps installed and the wife is very short. We carefully step on the sliders to get in and out of the truck. If your going to do self installation, I would buy them unpainted and spray them down with bedliner before installation. I watched the install and it was a two man job, and took -3hrs.

One advantage of RE sliders is they had them in stock. I didnt want to wait six to eight weeks for other options. The installation was also very reasonable, $200 if I remember correctly.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Photos of the bedslide. Im very happy with this gear. The one downside is I now only have 14" of clearance to the bakflip bedcover. Fortunately the cheap black plastic footlockers sold at Walmart fit perfectly. All of my camping gear has to go in the footlockers. PW13.jpgPW14.jpgPW15.jpg

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
There aren't many option for the ramboxes. I don't remember the model but it has 4 sections.

62Blazer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I dont have any steps installed and the wife is very short. We carefully step on the sliders to get in and out of the truck. If your going to do self installation, I would buy them unpainted and spray them down with bedliner before installation. I watched the install and it was a two man job, and took -3hrs.

One advantage of RE sliders is they had them in stock. I didnt want to wait six to eight weeks for other options. The installation was also very reasonable, $200 if I remember correctly.
Thanks a ton for the pictures.....first ones I have found that show how they mount on the upper part. One more question is are they bolted to the bed at all? I can see where installation would take a little bit of time just because of all the holes and rivets.

Fortunately my entire family is pretty tall so not too worried about steps.

OP
OP
J

jerry clements

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4l Power Wagon
Can I see a few close ups of the backbone system. I having been eyeing this for a year.
The back bone sywstem is handy for carrying extra stuff but there are weight limitations due to the manufacturer RAM, and from Rhino. The mfgr has roof limits and Rhino has limits that are hard to find. The rack system is handy for carrying bulky camping gear etc. if it doesnt weigh very much. It would also be a good place for maxtrax and other light weight items. Another factor is on road limits are much higher than off road. On road you could ratchet down a spare tire for example but off road the weight of the tire might cause the whole rack system and tire to rip off the roof. I currently have a soft weatherproof luggage carrier I mount and can throw sleeping bags, duffel bags of clothes, etc. up there without worrying about damage. PW16.jpgPW18.jpgPW17.jpgPW19.jpg