2021 HEMI 5.7 SLIGHT HESITATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJNY

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had a 2014 Jeep with the 6 cylinder and every time I tried to open it up there was a slight hesitation. Went back to the dealer several times. Took the tech with me and demonstrated the hesitation he said the truck is operating as designed.

Traded the truck in and in 2018 got a 2018 5.7 Rebel with the 5.7. This truck didn’t have no hesitation whatsoever. The truck was like a rocket ship.

Traded the truck in for. 5.7 2021 with the e torque and this was the only engine the dealer had on the lot. This e torque has the same hesitation like my 2014 Jeep.

Mark Worman from Graveyard Cars said all these new MOPARS experience these hesitations when you floor the vehicle. But my 2018 did not experience this.

Anyone with a 2021 5.7 e torque experience this?

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The woman was right from the Graveyard Cars. Mine also does it, but I do not floor it on most occasions.
If you can live with it, I would.
If you cannot, try something called Pedal Commander. It will totally stop it.
Here’s the link:
Check it out on YouTube
keep us posted on it,please

Last edited:

Mbrigh3

IG: Stormtrooper_5.7
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ID avoid pedal commander. Maybe try a different version. I had one on my 4th gen and It threw me into limp mode twice which was a nightmare. It also caused engine codes which I cleared but it always remained in the permanent error codes.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I throttle response controller will cure this. Either a Pedal Commander or Banks Pedal Monster is the answer. The Pedal Monster has a safety built in so in case of failure you will not go into limp mode. Message me if you would like a quote on one.

Bigs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L HEMI
I have a Pedal Commander and never threw or throws any kind of code and never went to limp mode either. You can't touch it while you use the gas pedal. Do that and all will be well.

But yeah, drive by wire has hesitation in pretty much every new car now-a-days.

co-pilot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the pedal commander on my truck for a couple of years .... the only time i had a problem was trying to change settings on the move....
like said above ....don't touch it with your foot on the pedal......and you will love the "no hesitation" lol!