2021 Ram 1500 classic instrument cluster change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LfernRam2021

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Ram 1500 classic tradesmen
Engine
I recently swapped out my 3 in regular speedometer into the premium 7in speedometer, I downloaded alphaobd into an old tablet and manually tried to change the milage but for some unknown reason, I keep getting “procedure failed” any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recently swapped out my 3 in regular speedometer into the premium 7in speedometer, I downloaded alphaobd into an old tablet and manually tried to change the milage but for some unknown reason, I keep getting “procedure failed” any thoughts and help would be greatly appreciated
Which adapter are you using?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
At the moment no, would that be the best course of action?
That would be my first option. Some devices are capable of communicating fast enough to make the change. It'll work fine for everything else, but the mileage and hours is trickier.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
So with a better device, I should be able to manipulate the mileage easier?
"Maybe"... sorry, that's the best answer I have. Mileage correction is one of the things folks have issues with. It can be a multitude of reasons from cluster year to devices used and sometimes even Android vs Windows versions of AlfaOBD.