2021 RAM 2500 Door speakers have no mid range or treble.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I bought a used 2021 Laramie with 5500 miles on it. Both the left and right FRONT door speakers have ZERO mid-range or treble. The back door speakers, which seem the same type/size, sound normal to me. All I get out of the front door speakers is some minimal bass if that's even what's happening...it doesn't sound like I think the base end should. They have power because 'something' is happening. At first I thought that perhaps they were just bass only to balance out the mid and treble speakers on the dash. But I'm really not sure given how little they appear to be doing on the low end. Anybody else have this issue?

14 Lonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The front door speakers are only woofers, treble comes from the dash tweeters and your mid range/highs from the rear doors.

OP
OP
D

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Do they seem like good woofers to you? They sound....strange to me. They give very little to nothing even when playing rock which should have lots of bass. Thoughts?

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Alpine, Harmon Kardon or stock 6 speaker system? Sounds to me like you need to adjust the fade/ mid and bass in the head unit. The stock system is just ok imho. Why I replaced them with a kicker key amp and Kenwood excelon separates with kickers in the rear door. System THUMPS now. Adding a sub this spring.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins

Infinity Reference 9633IX 6"x9" 3-Way will fit. Crutchfeild says no, I put them in and I say yes. they clear the window regulators and the door panels go on, but they do sit against the door panel. They sound great.​

Phillykid

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have a '21 1500 quad but assuming same speakers set up as the 2500, you can plug and play the Polk Audio 6x9 coaxials that Crutchfield sells, in all 4 doors. Huge overall improvement just with those alone.

OP
OP
D

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7

Infinity Reference 9633IX 6"x9" 3-Way will fit. Crutchfeild says no, I put them in and I say yes. they clear the window regulators and the door panels go on, but they do sit against the door panel. They sound great.​

My window sticker says "9 Alpine speakers with subwoofer".

OP
OP
D

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Alpine, Harmon Kardon or stock 6 speaker system? Sounds to me like you need to adjust the fade/ mid and bass in the head unit. The stock system is just ok imho. Why I replaced them with a kicker key amp and Kenwood excelon separates with kickers in the rear door. System THUMPS now. Adding a sub this spring.
My window sticker says "9 Alpine speakers with subwoofer".

OP
OP
D

dungeoncrawl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
How would I make such an adjustment 'just' on the front door speakers. Using the equilizer settings to just increase/decrease bass/mid/treble doesn't change those 2 front door speakers. neither does fading left/right/front back. On another forum, people are telling me that in the 9 speaker standard Alpine setup, these front door speakers are just low end woofer.

IDSandman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
How would I make such an adjustment 'just' on the front door speakers. Using the equilizer settings to just increase/decrease bass/mid/treble doesn't change those 2 front door speakers. neither does fading left/right/front back. On another forum, people are telling me that in the 9 speaker standard Alpine setup, these front door speakers are just low end woofer.
They are the same in the 6 speaker system, low pass for bass. Your mids and treble should come from a up front sound stage, not your feet. Your lower door speakers will not have any highs coming from them, nor should they. Sounds to me like you should take your truck to a audio shop and have them take a look at your setting and adjust them for you. The Alpine system can sound pretty good when tuned properly.