2021 Ram Classic Factory Order Time

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rav3ncroft

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good for you. I would have done the exact same thing. I've been known to walk out in the middle of a negotiation. Drives my wife nuts but she gets it.

I went with my son a few years ago while he was looking for a new car. They started the same kind of BS and he stood up and walked away from the deal. All I could do was smile as I walked out behind him. You have to cherish those proud papa moments.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Aaron at Mark Dodge let me know my truck is finally at the rail yard today, with an estimated ETA of August 18, eight weeks from order to delivery (if it's not delayed again).

es

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Truck is currently in Illinois, which means it's on the way! Illinois is a looooong State, though. ETA still August 18.

es

Trapper1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Aaron at Mark Dodge let me know my truck is finally at the rail yard today, with an estimated ETA of August 18, eight weeks from order to delivery (if it's not delayed again).

es
That is really quick. I received a message today that mine has an estimated ETA of Sept 1, 28 weeks from order to delivery( hopeful, but at this time, not expected).

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I can't believe that truck drivers don't want to work
I know those car haulers work their butts off
If you don't like to hustle on the job, don't apply

Even the Commander in Chief own staff won't get shots
We are suppose to follow their lead Okie Dokey

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
My truck is in Louisiana, but not yet to the rail yard. ETA at Mark Dodge is still August 18.

es

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Pinged Aaron at Mark Dodge this morning, and he said the truck has arrived! Waiting to hear when the PDI will be complete so I can make my travel plans.

es

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Got up at 3am this morning and drove 10 hours to Mark Dodge to take delivery! Aaron was simply great to work with (he's the short guy)!

IMG_5234.jpeg

I took a bunch of pics, but will only include this one extra, mainly because I got photobombed...

IMG_5238.jpeg

Literally as I pulled up in my rental car, a guy was walking over to check the truck out and I got my first complement before I even bought it!

I'll have a nice, easy drive up the Natchez Trace tomorrow to finish the break-in period, then the mods start.

es

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Ram is already building the 2022 Rams
One guy from the Toronto area, already received his Build Sheet & Window Sticker

Muckington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
got in contact with dealer last week they said it was getting shipped out tommorow the 27th snd today they told the dealer it had hit paint this morning, question is how long did everyone elses take from paint to shipping im guessing its not sending out tommorow if its painted today

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
My sig shows my timeline*. You’ll have a longer gap between build sheet (truck exited manuf line) and window sticker (passed inspection and ready to ship) if you ordered any up fit options like a spray-in bedliner, as those are done in a different plant.

*(sig since updated, so here's the timeline)

Ordered: 6/24/2021
VIN populated: 6/28/2021
Build Sheet populated: 7/08/2021
Window Sticker populated: 7/17/2021
Shipped (after a ten-day delay waiting for a rail car): 7/31/2021
At Dealer: 8/13/2021
Took Delivery: 8/16/2021

es

Last edited:

Muckington

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l
Well after 15 weeks(that felt like a year) shes finally shipped and on here way home, ill have my 2021 just in time for everyone to start getting their 2022’s

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hello Ram community. Soon to be first time Mopar owner here. I placed an order for a 1500 Classic Tradesman on 8/25/21. The order was locked by 8/30 (D status). It will be a 2021 model and both dealers I worked with said it's not clear there will be a 1500 Classic for 2022 model year. 2021 model year may be the last year for the Classic. Both dealers said orders for 1500 Classic can be expected to arrive in approximately 5 to 6 weeks. When this order was placed, the dealer's online ordering application did not have the Express model available. I would have ordered the Express if it were available. The Warlock is available. The spec for this truck is a little unusual so I thought I'd share it here. A 1500 Classic Tradesman reg cab, 6'4" box, 4x4 in Hydro Blue, 5.7 V8, anti-spin diff, 3.92 axle, SXT Pkg, Power & Remote Entry grp, Electronics grp, RamBox, receiver hitch, trailer brake control, sliding rear window, spray in bedliner. I'll post picks when it arrives. Cheers!

OnNITRO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
penstar 3.5 V6
I ordered my 2021 Classic Quad 2 X 4 the end of March , all I got is a Vin # so far.
The factory must be building 2022 now , so will it still get built ? 2021 or 2022 ?
Let me know what you guys think !
Thanks still waiting !
Windsor Ontario

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Update to my '21 Tradesman order: The truck is "in shipping" with a expected dealership arrival 11/1 to 11/11. Certainly not the 5 to 6 weeks dealer initially indicated. If the truck arrives as scheduled, 8 to 10 weeks isn't bad considering the RamBoxes and spray in bedliner are part of the build. Fingers crossed I'll be posting pictures in the next few weeks.

stembridge

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Update to my '21 Tradesman order: The truck is "in shipping" with a expected dealership arrival 11/1 to 11/11. Certainly not the 5 to 6 weeks dealer initially indicated. If the truck arrives as scheduled, 8 to 10 weeks isn't bad considering the RamBoxes and spray in bedliner are part of the build. Fingers crossed I'll be posting pictures in the next few weeks.
8-10 weeks is not bad, all things considered. Mine took 7.5 weeks, ordered in late June and delivered to Mark Dodge in Lake Shore LA in mid-August - I rented a car one-way and drove ten hours to take delivery, as that was far cheaper than shipping and gave me the opportunity to break in the engine on the way home.

Your next hurdle will be waiting for the truck to get on an auto rack (rail car) and start moving out of Chicago. I read yesterday that they've shut down some or all rail shipping in the Chicago area to try to untangle the huge supply chain mess. My truck sat for ten days before it started to move, FWIW.

es

ShortyV8

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Next update. The truck arrived at the dealership on 11/9, 11 weeks after placing the order and right within the estimated window provided by Ram a few weeks ago. Due to personal schedule issues I'll take delivery a week later on Tuesday 11/16. I'll post pictures after delivery.