2022 2500 big ***** side mirror default

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pbzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
how can a person choose left/right mirror function and get it to hold that as default ? Whenever I shift to reverse/park or turn engine off I must choose the left/right function AGAIN the next time I want to make a mirror adjustment . I looked at owners guide and wasn't enlightened . Thanks

olyelr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Im kinda lost at what your question is. Why do you even have to touch/change it…seems like i havnt touched mine in years…

JCE

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Maybe the motors are going out or struggling? I have to occasionally press the memory button to get my mirrors to completely go back up to their original positions after I reverse. I figure the motors are weak and or will need replacing soon.

jejb

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
how can a person choose left/right mirror function and get it to hold that as default ? Whenever I shift to reverse/park or turn engine off I must choose the left/right function AGAIN the next time I want to make a mirror adjustment . I looked at owners guide and wasn't enlightened . Thanks
No way to do it that I'm aware of. I came from a GMC that had a rocker switch for selecting the mirror to adjust. So it would stay defaulted to a mirror unless you put the switch back in the middle setting. Didn't take me long to adapt to the Ram system.

One trick is if your truck has driver memory and driver 2 is not used, set the mirror position you like for backing up and store them as driver 2. Then just bring that up when you go in reverse. I have the auto-mirror adjust when in reverse on my 22 Ram. Had in on my 18 Ram too. Turned it off, doesn't work as well as I'd hoped.

OP
OP
pbzzz

pbzzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
thanks jejb . . . you pretty much covered it . GM does it better (for me

Dean2

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 2500
Engine
Like JE I turned the auto tilt off on my mirrors too. I need to see back more than down when reversing, but I do like the idea of position 2 for the times I do want to see down. Good tip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ftank