2022 Limited RAM 1500 with a cargo camera no one seems to know how to activate/use

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jefferson Osborne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi with Etorque
I have a RAM 1500 with the 12" screen and I can see the cargo camera installed on the third break light. I'm running S24.13 currently and I don't even have an option access the camera on my headend unit. I took it to the dealership and they don't have a clue. I have a neighbor with the same vehicle and he can't access his either. I have read through countless threads. Any info/advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The 1500 Rams do not have a cargo camera option. The camera you have in your third brake light is for the digital rear view mirror.

British Bulldog

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
That is actually the ‘back up camera’ as they call it. Large screen, good for reversing to trailer as opposed to the camera screen that comes on automatically in reverse. That’s what happens to my 21 Longhorn. I too, thought it was for the cargo deck
but it’s not.

OP
OP
J

Jefferson Osborne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi with Etorque
Thanks for the replies. now I feel silly. Seems suspicious the dealership couldn't tell me that.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
somethings are too new for the salesmen & even some techs

Look at the bottom of your Rear View Mirror
i am not sure, but i think i saw a Youtube Video on it

While your at it, look at both sides of your rear license plate
1 side should be the trailer 4 & 7 plugs