2022 New HD's

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
So when Ford and GM are R&Ding for their trucks what is Exactly is Ram doing? This R&D is baked into the price of these trucks and Ram buyers are paying for what doesn’t exist.
Ram lost autonomy after bankruptcy - they're now just a profit center from past designs for FCA, and now Stellantis.
I lived the corporate buyout "dream" personally several times. It's a great way to go out of business.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So when Ford and GM are R&Ding for their trucks what is Exactly is Ram doing? This R&D is baked into the price of these trucks and Ram buyers are paying for what doesn’t exist.
What, EXACTLY, are you trying to say? What are we paying for that doesn’t exist?

Helps if what you type makes sense...

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
What, EXACTLY, are you trying to say? What are we paying for that doesn’t exist?

Helps if what you type makes sense...
I thought what I said was pretty clear. Here goes again spelled out…

Research & development.

Researching, developing, and finally implementing new components for the vehicles we buy. Powertrains would be a perfect example. Fords 7.3 gas motor. Ford and GM’s 10 speed transmissions. These cost a lot of money to bring from idea to your driveway. That costs is baked into the price of the vehicle. Customers of those vehicles are getting what they paid for. Ram buyers aren’t seeing the same level of R&D. Don’t see how that can be disputed.

Ram’s powertrains are how old now? Transmissions (while some great) mostly outsourced, while others are outdated. Can’t even get a cab they’ve had for 3 years put on a frame they’ve had for a decade. At this point it feels like they are just scooping up cash until the customer base catches on in enough numbers.

MoparProud

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what’s your complaint? Outsourcing the best diesel engine on the market seems like a solid business move. Literally the only reason we got a ‘94 Ram, trucks were planned to cease production after ‘93.

All the fools ***** and moan about Chrysler transmissions, and they outsource that. But you cry about it.

Ford and GM have been chasing the Cummins since it came out. They “make more power” but in reality, still seem to fall short. Ford and GM (by the way, why aren’t you crying about GM outsourcing the Allison???) spend money when they don’t have to, Ram spends money where they need to. Want air suspension? Only game in town is Ram. That’s a game changer for towing and hauling. Ram had an exhaust brake for 5 years before the other two, and when the other two finally came out with one, it STILL paled compared to the Cummins.

I don’t get what your complaint is. Crying about Ram but crickets when someone else outsources. Actually, you realize EVERYTHING is outsourced, right? Maybe not....you missed the mark

RCSB88

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
So what’s your complaint? Outsourcing the best diesel engine on the market seems like a solid business move. Literally the only reason we got a ‘94 Ram, trucks were planned to cease production after ‘93.

All the fools ***** and moan about Chrysler transmissions, and they outsource that. But you cry about it.

Ford and GM have been chasing the Cummins since it came out. They “make more power” but in reality, still seem to fall short. Ford and GM (by the way, why aren’t you crying about GM outsourcing the Allison???) spend money when they don’t have to, Ram spends money where they need to. Want air suspension? Only game in town is Ram. That’s a game changer for towing and hauling. Ram had an exhaust brake for 5 years before the other two, and when the other two finally came out with one, it STILL paled compared to the Cummins.

I don’t get what your complaint is. Crying about Ram but crickets when someone else outsources. Actually, you realize EVERYTHING is outsourced, right? Maybe not....you missed the mark
It seems you’re still totally missing the point. Paying for R&D that doesn’t exist. That simple.

Name checks out anyway.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
I have been on the FCA truck builder site at least once a week trying different combos. I plan to order one once the new tranny comes out. So yesterday, I start to build one & they now show that you can build a 2022 now. I thought woo hoo here we go! Nope!!! No new tranny yet! They offer a couple different packages than they did before but most everything is the same except for the price. Equipped out like I had it last week will run me almost another $1,000! Inflation baby... thank you Joe! I hope if & when they come out with the new tranny that the price doesn't inflate a bunch more.
You sound just like me! I’ve been on the site for the past 2 years sometimes once a week and then after losing hope once a month. I never held my breath for Stellantis and FCA to grow a brain and just do either the Allison or the ZF. Now what I heard it’s 2023 and the tranny is still just a rumor but apparently they will have the true 5th gen cab. So I’m better either ‘24 or ‘25 till the tranny comes.
So I can’t wait anymore so I’ll either lease or finance this new order from TODAY!
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their upgrades so I ordered a new 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies, I mean all even the 50 gal tank and dual alternators, today from Motor Inn Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379.
I now get to start the 5 month wait.
I still will get another one in a few years when they finally do get the new gen 5 cab and new tranny.

Last edited:

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD

Agreed

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
You sound just like me! I’ve been on the site for the past 2 years sometimes once a week and then after losing hope once a month. I never held my breath for Stellantis and FCA to grow a brain and just do either the Allison or the ZF. Now what I heard it’s 2023 and the granny is still just a rumor but apparently they will have the true 5th gen cab. So I’m better either ‘24 or ‘25 till the tranny comes.
So I can’t wait anymore so I’ll either lease or finance this new order from TODAY!
I finally pulled the trigger. Can’t hold my breath for Stellantis to grow a brain and do their upgrades so I ordered a new 2022 SRW Limited 3500, long bed, 4x4, Night Edition with all the extra goodies, I mean all even the 50 gal tank and dual alternators, today from Motor Inn Mark Dodge in Louisiana. 5% under invoice! Yes you read that right! $83,379.
I now get to start the 5 month wait.
I still will get another one in a few years when they finally do get the new gen 5 cab and new tranny.
So glad I did my online build ijn early 2020 when i was able to get 17.5% below, I know I'm bragging but I'm proud. My only regret is the cp4 that isn't out there with the new version

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
So glad I did my online build ijn early 2020 when i was able to get 17.5% below, I know I'm bragging but I'm proud. My only regret is the cp4 that isn't out there with the new version
I thought everyone is having problems with the cp4? Even Ram went back to the cp3 cuz of all the grief.

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
I thought everyone is having problems with the cp4? Even Ram went back to the cp3 cuz of all the grief.
Yup, no probs yet knock on wood because I use hot shot lubricity in my fuel. That's the only regret i have for not waiting on a 21 model but then I wouldn't of had all the safety stuff because of chip shortage.

thebuilderman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins
Yup, no probs yet knock on wood because I use hot shot lubricity in my fuel. That's the only regret i have for not waiting on a 21 model but then I wouldn't of had all the safety stuff because of chip shortage.
Are you liking your truck? I can’t wait for mine to come and I hear it could be a 5 month wait!

Billet Bee

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7 HOHD
Are you liking your truck? I can’t wait for mine to come and I hear it could be a 5 month wait!
Absolutely love it, no complaints except worrying all the time about that dang fuel pump but I'm using extra lubricity in the fuel so fingers crossed. Ours only took 2 months once we submitted the build, to be built and arrive by train, but early 2020 is nothing like it is now that's for sure

OP
OP
68PowerWagon

68PowerWagon

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Laramie 3500
Engine
6.7 CTD
You guys are killing me! If they are not going to come out with a better transmission for another couple of years, I may just have to get one with a 6 speed. I don't know if I want to push my luck towing 13k with my 3/4 ton gasser for another 1 or 2 years. It's doing it but I am closing in on 80k & I don't want to wear it out to the point I won't get any trade in for it. All of the articles I have read regarding this said it was going to happen this year. Maybe with all of the Covid crap along with the chip shortages killed that dream.

Scott0700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
When you guys said you bought at 5% and 17.5% under invoice, did you mean under msrp (sticker) or really under dealer invoice?

NH RAM

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Tradesman 2500 Snow Chief
Engine
NH Ram, what bug shield are you running? It looks good
Thanks, it's the Ram/ mopar bug shield. I like it except it's a PITA to install because there's 4 rubber pyramids that stick to the hood and 4 metal clips that attach to the hood. One of the rubber pyramids (it's a spacer so the guard doesn't come into contact with the hood) came off so one side sits lower than it should by a small amount. I like the semi gloss finish on it though.

Mrbyh20

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
When you guys said you bought at 5% and 17.5% under invoice, did you mean under msrp (sticker) or really under dealer invoice?
I’m pretty certain it’s under msrp. Even the discount they received, the dealership still is making a profit. Plus the dealers get bonuses for the volume of units sold. But still getting anything is better then nothing. Especially right now!

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
You guys are killing me! If they are not going to come out with a better transmission for another couple of years, I may just have to get one with a 6 speed. I don't know if I want to push my luck towing 13k with my 3/4 ton gasser for another 1 or 2 years. It's doing it but I am closing in on 80k & I don't want to wear it out to the point I won't get any trade in for it. All of the articles I have read regarding this said it was going to happen this year. Maybe with all of the Covid crap along with the chip shortages killed that dream.

You should be ok if you got 4.10 axle gears. 3.73 is pushing it (what I have, but only tow 7,000 lbs).