2022 Ram 1500 weird electrical and Stalling issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrjosco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Sport. 14,500 miles. The issues might be unrelated, but I think they might be all connected to an electrical issue.

The truck started acting weird with a random "UConnect Box - See Dealer for Service" error. The problem is the error came and went randomly and sporadically. Occasionally it would do weird things like the USB port would charge one day, but wouldn't charge my phone the next day. I had the uconnect error pop up again and I tried to rush it to dealer - but by the time I got there it went away.

Then, truck started by randomly shutting off the AC for just one or two seconds while driving. It would go all the way down and then kick right back on like nothing happened. No errors were being thrown and no error lights showing up. The truck didn't stall - just the AC and radio would go out and pop back on (as far as I could tell while driving).

Then the problem escalated and now it will occasionally stall out completely in idle. Sometimes it has to be turned all the way off, put back in to park, and then turned back on after a few seconds. Eventually the check engine light came on and threw an error "U2167". One time the electronic throttle control error light went off, but after a restart it went away. I took it to the dealer, and after 8 days and a 25 mile test drive they said they couldn't find anything wrong, except they replaced the USB port.

Now I have a truck that can stall at any time - but no dealer can recreate the issue or identify what is going on. The only thing they find is a 'low voltage' warning - but the battery and alternator all tested fine.

RebelHawk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
'22 Hemi 5.7 eTourge
OP
OP
M

mrjosco

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi V8
You're not the only one in this boat. Two threads that I've commented in.

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/uconnect-error-message.191154/#post-2797556

https://www.ramforum.com/threads/power-train-warning.187661/#post-2639942

I just haven't called the dealer to take my RAM back for the fourth time with the uConnect error. I will say that since they replaced the power control module on my truck I haven't had a stall out.
Thanks for sharing - I searched but didn't find your threads. Maybe this can give me some info to press them to look deeper into the PCM next round. I would prefer to have it fixed as I like my truck, but if they keep taking 10+ days to hold my truck I might have to lawyer up and take advantage of Texas lemon law. It is impossible to run my life and my business while my truck sits at the dealer for 8 days before they even look at it, just for them to tell me "we cant find anything wrong"

stevenP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 2500 Longhorn
Engine
6.7L Cummins
Mine had the uconnect box error message for a period of time. So I took in into the dealer and they said FCA had some TSBs on the problem and it required replacing that module. Since mine was under warranty, I had them do it. Took two plus weeks for the part to be available, but now mine does the over the air updates needed again, and no more error message.

aeromax4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Read this article today:

Ram 1500, Jeep Wrangler & Jeep Wagoneer eTorque Stalling Complaints​

Lieff Cabraser’s automotive defect team is investigating reports that owners and lessees of 2019-2023 Ram 1500 pickup trucks and 2019-2023 Jeep Wrangler and 2022 Jeep Wagoneer vehicles are having serious stalling problems. Driver complaints indicate the affected Jeep and Ram vehicles stall and shut off without warning while in motion. After stalling, the vehicles automatically engage the emergency brake.
Some Ram 1500, Wrangler and Wagoneer drivers describe their vehicles stalling at interstate highway speeds, while others have experienced Ram 1500, Wrangler and Wagoneer stalling issues at low speeds while initiating turns. Sudden engine stalls at any speed can create extremely hazardous road situations for drivers, passengers, occupants of other road vehicles, and pedestrians.
Concerned drivers of Jeep Wranglers, Jeep Wagoneers and Ram 1500 trucks further report that when they brought their vehicles in for repair after experiencing a sudden stall, no codes appeared via the vehicle’s onboard diagnostic system (OBD) to indicate any issue, or showing that the vehicle had stalled. Even more frustrating are related reports that dealerships and repair shops state they cannot replicate the problem (or will not repair it), despite drivers experiencing the stall defect in their vehicles multiple times.

Ynot050

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 etorque
I had this problem last week, truck stall on the highway. I have towed to the dealer, they said they read +50 codes of error due to low voltage. Could not find any problem.

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The 48V battery behind the rear seat has been a real problem W low voltage.