2022 Rebel GT On Order

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzs22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Mine came in on Friday. Just picked it today. From time of order it has been just under eight weeks.

PatriotDrewRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
newbie here...
Ordered my truck 1/24 and still at the body vendor. Been at this status for 2 weeks and few days. I'm getting anxious. Went with 5.7 Hemi Laramie 4X4 in Patriot blue with the southwest and level B groups. 3.92 rear /anti slip diff and and tonneu cover. Maybe ill see it in april

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
newbie here...
Ordered my truck 1/24 and still at the body vendor. Been at this status for 2 weeks and few days. I'm getting anxious. Went with 5.7 Hemi Laramie 4X4 in Patriot blue with the southwest and level B groups. 3.92 rear /anti slip diff and and tonneu cover. Maybe ill see it in april
I'd like to be able to tell you it will be delivered in 3 months, but it honestly is a crap shoot based on the experiences I've read here, and based on my own experience. Seems my issue is squarely in the final truck delivery to the dealer if I am to believe what there telling me. They say its at the "port" and I assume that means either waiting to be loaded onto a train or waiting to be loaded onto a truck. Either way I guess it will get here when it gets here (obviously). Keep us all informed - big topic here.

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I was just informed the status changed from KZP to KZT. Anyone know what KZT status indicates? I know it's shipment, but what does the "T" indicate?

mzs22

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
Congrats ! I really like that color.

Attachments

• 20220307_132601.jpg
    20220307_132601.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 13
OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
so I decided to go get it today. Super cool truck, great ride, awesome cabin environment, and the gauges in the dash are better looking in person than I've seen in videos. The GT exhaust sound, well, just has to be heard in person.

Attachments

• messages_0 (5).jpeg
    messages_0 (5).jpeg
    162.1 KB · Views: 16
  • messages_0 (4).jpeg
    messages_0 (4).jpeg
    152.4 KB · Views: 15
  • messages_0 (3).jpeg
    messages_0 (3).jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 14

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Congrats on your new ride

Was it worth the wait :)

maybe post the timing from Ordering date, through any notices you received, etc.

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
I was definitely worth the wait. If you read back through this thread it is more or less a chronicle of events from ordering to delivery. In short, it was 3 1/2 months from order to delivery. Ordered Dec 4 2021, delivered to the dealer March 21, 2022. I did not receive any notices except the order confirmation from the dealer. Nothing from RAM at all. I had to remain in weekly contact with my sales person to get status updates. The shipping was the longest. From the time it went into shipping status they received no updates until it went to KZT and it showed up the next business day. Shipping was about 4 weeks alone. strange.

I did use the links provided elsewhere in this forum to get the build sheet and the window sticker, and that helped with knowing status as well.

I will say the pictures, videos, sound clips, etc. do not do it justice. Everything is just at a higher fit and finish level than can be realized in pics and vids.

It's rainy here but I will post more pics this weekend - engine bay, skid plates, ramboxes, etc.

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
It may sound strange, but to go from the Ram assembly Plant to Maryland
The freight train leaves Sterling Heights Michigan & goes South West to Chicago, ( which is the wrong direction )
Then a locomotive from CSX picks up that freight car that is going to or near Maryland

Freight Railroads don't travel in a straight line like roads, unfortunately & they often stop at every town

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
It may sound strange, but to go from the Ram assembly Plant to Maryland
The freight train leaves Sterling Heights Michigan & goes South West to Chicago, ( which is the wrong direction )
Then a locomotive from CSX picks up that freight car that is going to or near Maryland

Freight Railroads don't travel in a straight line like roads, unfortunately & they often stop at every town

well, I meant the strange part was my dealer was not even able to determine if the vehicle was loaded onto a train and then a truck. it just showed up one day. The last they were able to determine was it was parked awaiting transport, and then 4 weeks went by - according to them anyway.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
Neither the dealership or even Stellantis Headquarters control vehicles in Transit

On another site, there used to be a guy that worked at Headquarters, his sign in name was SPP
He said that there were actually 3 ways to track a Factory Order
He also mentioned than not many employees knew 2 of the methods, & very few people could track the vehicle while in Transit.

When a Ram is taken off the freight train, it goes into the railroads parking area & stays there until the railroad calls the trucking company to schedule a pickup & sign for the acceptance & release of possession of property & both parties take pictures & note any damage

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Yeah, that aligns with what my dealer explained. Its funny to me because when I ordered a Mercedes Benz back in 2005, I was able to track it through the factory being built, across the ocean, and in transit all the way to the dealer. I guess it just boils down to an investment in technology. To me, I'm glad Ram focuses it's investments in the product over tracking shipments. Benz is just a different level of profit margin, I guess.

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Sorry folks, I know I promised pics, but the weekend weather here in MD was horrible. and work is super busy, but pays for this beast. I will get some this coming weekend.

OP
OP
WHUFF

WHUFF

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L eTorque
Finally got some good weather, so I gave the truck a good wash and here are some pics, with the engine room and the Ram CAI. I realized there is no way to tell the difference in the exhaust, and the pavement was wet, so no undercarriage shots. OH, and I put on Carhartt rear seat covers, and took the puppy for a ride.

Attachments

• truck 1.jpg
    truck 1.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 26
  • truck 2.jpg
    truck 2.jpg
    162.5 KB · Views: 25
  • truck 3.jpg
    truck 3.jpg
    169.6 KB · Views: 26
  • truck 4.jpg
    truck 4.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 26
  • truck 5.jpg
    truck 5.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 27
  • truck 6.jpg
    truck 6.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 26
  • truck 7.jpg
    truck 7.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 25
  • truck 8.jpg
    truck 8.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 28

Ram1500Sport

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was at my dealer yesterday to order a new Rebel GT also ! Everything was going good until they showed me what they would give me for my 19 Ram Laramie, not even kbb trade in value. We were about 3k apart. Time to find a different dealer !
Or just sell to a private party. If you get more than the sales tax, you'll come out on top

But yeah, still pick a new dealership.

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
I forgot that you Ordered Dec 4 2021
That means your Ram sat still during the Xmas Holidays
( December 24 to January ?? )
Because of Covid, that caused everything to be behind, the employees did not get their usual 2 week holiday vacation