2024 Electric Ram

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
V

VR Nicastro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I’ll keep my Ecodiesel until a viable electric Ram is available.
I fill up once a week. I manage my driving well. No wasted trips. I will definitely switch because I won’t buy a gas motor truck again. The low end torque of a diesel can’t be beat.
I am not a tree hugging or trying to save the planet. I just think it’s an evolutionary change that’s gonna happen.
Diesel vehicles aren’t going away any time soon. Diesel moves the world in every aspect of the transportation industry. Construction, farming. Diesel can be made from alternate sources.
Just like the first diesel. Wasn’t meant to run on petrol diesel.
Good old prohibition in America had nothing to do with Americans drinking alcohol. Cars were built to run on alcohol.
The Rockefellers and other high influential people controlled the oil industry. Prohibition lasted just long enough to make the population dependent on fossil fuels and forget about making their own fuel for their cars..

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I for one can’t wait for EV trucks! Granted not for everyone, my application would be ideal. I commute 120 miles a day for work and spend about $500-$600 a month on fuel. I also run a pool service company and our routes are anywhere from 30-50 miles a day. EV is perfect for me. Now do I keep the 3500 as a strictly towing vehicle or maybe they make HD EV trucks!?!? Hell yeah!

JohnnyBandit

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
As stated above, I have a Pentastar with a 32 gallon tank. I easily get 600 miles at payload limits, and maybe 100+ more miles with only 2 passengers on trips.
I clearly stated I was not doubting your figures.... But it is on the extreme edge of what to expect as far as range on a full size gasoline truck.

I have never tried to see how far I can go on a tank. Probably somewhere around 400 to 450 miles.

Musky Mike

Reaction score
Ram Year
All good and valid points, but in the end...it does matter what we what. 12 states have already enacted legislation that all light duty vehicles will be zero emissions by xxxx year. As more states enact this type legislation, sooner or later, the manufactures will have to drop petroleum engines from their line up, they can't keep petroleum engines around for a handful of states where they could still be sold. The state governments are forcing the manufactures down this road, whether we want it or not. Guess my next truck will be a 3/4 ton, even though I don't need one as they shouldn't be affected for the longest time.

LSU04_08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 e-torque
I do have to agree that that the cars of the 1960 are hard to beat from the standpoint of cool factor.

I feel bad for kids who grew up in the 80s and 90s. When they look back at their first car, or the cars of their youth, they see Toyotas and Hyundais, not Mustangs and Firebirds.

I was an 80's kid. My first vehicle was a 1987 Ford Ranger with an oil leak and a pinhole in a radiator hose I was constantly patching. For graduation (1997), I got a 1993 Chevy Cheyenne reg cab with deep rumbling dual exhaust and 15x10 rims with 295/50R15 tires. That was probably my most favorite truck I've ever owned. In 1999, I traded it for a 1997 Cheyenne reg cab and swapped the rims, drove that bad boy for 9 years and traded for my first Ram and am on my 5th one. Never once owned a car.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It seems like all these EV topics lately have eventually made their way to the rule breaking stage of posts.

Please keep it civil and on-topic before we have to remove posts. Which of course, we don't want to do!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
It seems like all these EV topics lately have eventually made their way to the rule breaking stage of posts.

Please keep it civil and on-topic before we have to remove posts. Which of course, we don't want to do!
Ok, just wish others wouldn't tell me how I should feel. Sorry

Last edited:

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ok, just wish others wouldn't tell me how I should fell. Sorry
I wasn't singling anyone out by any means. I can see how that post could have seemed that way but no apologies needed at all!

I just wanted to try to push the thread back on topic.

G-Ride990

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And we got there.

Please keep the discussion on-topic and leave the personal attacks and politics out of it.

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all have a great weekend.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Dream on if you don't think when our transportation source becomes electric that when the electric companies realize they are the new oil companies and raise the rates accordingly. Their rates will go up every time the wind blows hard or mention the word hurricane just like the oil companies do now. When they have you by the **** they'll do as they like too. You're going to pay one way or the other! Nothing is free!

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dream on if you don't think when our transportation source becomes electric that when the electric companies realize they are the new oil companies and raise the rates accordingly. Their rates will go up every time the wind blows hard or mention the word hurricane just like the oil companies do now. When they have you by the **** they'll do as they like too. You're going to pay one way or the other! Nothing is free!
The rates are going to go up significantly anyway regardless of whether EVs are in play or not. I work for a top 5 power company and all they've been talking about the last 2-3 years is cutting back on or eliminating fossil fuels and replacing with wind/solar. All of that is going to be a very expensive proposition for all of us. Everything is about climate change for these guys unfortunately most of the climate change problems are coming from the other side of the world(China,India)so we're just treading water not really getting anywhere. I don't know about you but my light bill has more than doubled over the last 15 years but my hourly wage hasn't.......

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The rates are going to go up significantly anyway regardless of whether EVs are in play or not. I work for a top 5 power company and all they've been talking about the last 2-3 years is cutting back on or eliminating fossil fuels and replacing with wind/solar. All of that is going to be a very expensive proposition for all of us. Everything is about climate change for these guys unfortunately most of the climate change problems are coming from the other side of the world(China,India)so we're just treading water not really getting anywhere. I don't know about you but my light bill has more than doubled over the last 15 years but my hourly wage hasn't.......
I agree but wait till our transportation source becomes electric! Let me add electric vehicle so I stay on topic! LOL

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree but wait till our transportation source becomes electric! Let me add electric vehicle so I stay on topic! LOL
I had to throw that out there because I literally get bombarded with this renewable energy/electric car/save the earth crapp every time I go to work and this is the only place I can call BS and get away with it(I hope).

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I had to throw that out there because I literally get bombarded with this renewable energy/electric car/save the earth crapp every time I go to work and this is the only place I can call BS and get away with it(I hope).
I have nothing against "Trying to save the planet" but otherwise you're not going to convince me of anything else on electric vehicles.

tidefan1967

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have nothing against "Trying to save the planet" but otherwise you're not going to convince me of anything else on electric vehicles.
Amen! I have nothing against saving the planet either but don't force me into buying into stuff against my will and let's be honest all the EVs and renewable energy in the world ain't going to fix **** with the way people are popping out kids in other parts of the world.

Honestly I think we're doomed anyway because the world has lost its morality and its grasp on common sense and we'll all be long dead well before any climate catastrophe takes us out.

TWILLIAMS9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
It’s almost like there should be better regulations in place so consumers don’t get shafted for reinvesting into companies infrastructure to transition to cleaner producing energy. But that requires a lack of greed…

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
I do have to agree that that the cars of the 1960 are hard to beat from the standpoint of cool factor.

I feel bad for kids who grew up in the 80s and 90s. When they look back at their first car, or the cars of their youth, they see Toyotas and Hyundais, not Mustangs and Firebirds.
Bring back the '80's Chrysler K-cars!!! Ok, well, hard pass on that. I had an 80-something LeBaron two door with (can't make this crap up) a velour interior. Worst car I've ever owned, and there've been a bunch. Personally, I'm interested in the E-vehicle movement, once the infrastructure is there in the greater part of the country. Anything that does 0-60 in 3 to 4 seconds has my attention.