2025 Toyota 4runner Trailhunter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scottly

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HO 6.7 Cummins
WHO cares that you carry a gun, do you think your the only one?? How does that have any bearing on the content of the post and this thread ?
He can't figure out the point of my post...so he defecated some other nonsensical reply.

markabby

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
i always get a kick out of SUV commercials, and sometimes, trucks...they show them driving in rugged terrain, up steep mountains, across rivers...when 90% of the people buying them drive in the city.

To each their own, i guess, one can always pretend...right? But, if you don't like RAM trucks, why bother posting about a Toyota in a RAM forum, other than to break balls?

rule18

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Rebel
Well, he started this thread in the section specifically created on this RAM Forum for discussing other vehicles, so I guess the only ones breaking balls are the trolls.

rvance

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pent 3.6
Motor Trend never saw a new vehicle they didn't like. You do know that the factories bid for the Truck of the Year Award, right?
Yeah, I've heard Toyota's are great. I drove a couple and I didn't like them. I would have liked them much less after 250k miles. You want a box that you haven't driven? Go for it.
This is a RAM forum.

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You think I based my decision off motor trend... :dogpile: , no wonder you bought a 3.6L truck.... :anitoof::321:

Im almost 45 now, Time to put the kids toys away and Off-Road in class :banana-mario: and A Jeep JLU is in the same price range and as a bonus it will be worthless 4 years later because its a dodge product.

And if I want a real truck , I grab our 3500 Cummins 6 speed Manual :Big Laugh: At least that one will last 250K miles with out it ticking :eek:

Last edited:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
So much hate in here. I really like the way they look. We will look at them in a few years when the wife gets tired of her Jeep. She's had it longer then I thought she would. These major recalls its been having lately is starting to worry her.

Dusty

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
This got my curiosity, so I looked up the content of Ram 1500 trucks and they are uniformly 67% US and Canadian parts, with 32% "non-North American."

Toyota doesn't list local content on their Moroney's. Not sure why. From what I can see the FourRunner is assembled in Japan, maybe they don't have to. As to the insinuation there are Chinese parts in a Ram, it be nice to know what they are and how many. Likewise there could be Chinese parts in Toyotas.

Regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33-gallon fuel tank, 18” wheels. Build Date: 3 June 2018. Now at 109262 miles.

Hardracer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 1500 laramie 4x4 crew cab
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pretty tough lookin ride.would say congrats but you've already said nope...congrats on the TRD.
My 2005 4Runner was the best vehicle I've ever owned. Sorry I sold it.........congrats, looks awesome.
Wife has "03 drives everyday 270k...finally talked her into looking at something else......she's looking at newer 4runners..go figure.
I miss the FJ Cruiser...
There's a FJ 1 block over from me for sale..3 days now....lol

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Just emailed my sales rep at Toyota, Now waiting until I can officially order it !

Who else is getting one ? Never thought id trade in the JK but here we are !

Dont worry im Keeping the ****Box as my Hunting rig obviously

View attachment 540979;)
Just curious, why the 4Runner over your Jeep ?

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
So much hate in here. I really like the way they look. We will look at them in a few years when the wife gets tired of her Jeep. She's had it longer then I thought she would. These major recalls its been having lately is starting to worry her.
You mean you’ll look at them when the kids are older and to busy to travel as family ! lol unless your keeping the flex for a long time.

OP
OP
DILLIGAF

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just curious, why the 4Runner over your Jeep ?

I did a lot of traveling last year, Pulling the RV with the JK is horrible. The 3.6L engine is already starting to sound like a massive pile of **** at 45xxxKM. Im not starting to wrench on another dodge POS engine. 1 is enough. And for once in my life I get to buy something at the top of the reliability list. Im doing a 5000KM trip with the RV and JK in 4 weeks. :doublepuke:. Im already starting to 2nd guess my life choices at this point :dogpile:.

Ive been wanting a Toyota for a long time actually, I finally saved up enough money to buy one. The original Plan was to get my wife a Rav4 Next year regardless and Id keep the JK and make it an off-road only rig. But the price point of the 4runner is a bit more and need to trade it in so I dont have car payments.

I wasnt expecting this new 4Runner to be so awesome and literally have everything I want in and off-road rig.

The few things im adding are obviously a winch , TRD 2" lift , 35's Falken Wildpeaks and cant forget the ceramic coating. And you know Ill be posting pictures of it in a mud hole or on top of a glacier within the first month of having it... :anitoof::anitoof::anitoof:

Im really diggin the hidden mounts they have for these.

built-winch-mount-winch-mount-sdhq-off-road-930853.jpg

Last edited:

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I did a lot of traveling last year, Pulling the RV with the JK is horrible. The 3.6L engine is already starting to sound like a massive pile of **** at 45xxxKM. Im not starting to wrench on another dodge POS engine. 1 is enough. And for once in my life I get to buy something at the top of the reliability list. Im doing a 5000KM trip with the RV and JK in 4 weeks. :doublepuke:. Im already starting to 2nd guess my life choices at this point :dogpile:.

Ive been wanting a Toyota for a long time actually, I finally saved up enough money to buy one. The original Plan was to get my wife a Rav4 Next year regardless and Id keep the JK and make it an off-road only rig. But the price point of the 4runner is a bit more and need to trade it in so I dont have car payments.

I wasnt expecting this new 4Runner to be so awesome and literally everything I wanted.
I was asking as my 15 Jeep wrangler is nearing 150000 miles no issues so far. With the price of wranglers now, guess I’ll have to look at other options when the time comes.

huntergreen

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7

I wasnt expecting this new 4Runner to be so awesome and literally have everything I want in and off-road rig.

The few things im adding are obviously a winch , TRD 2" lift , 35's Falken Wildpeaks and cant forget the ceramic coating. And you know Ill be posting pictures of it in a mud hole or on top of a glacier within the first month of having it... :anitoof::anitoof::anitoof:

Im really diggin the hidden mounts they have for these.

View attachment 541228
Looking forward to pics !!! Enjoy.

Also, you going to do that krown rust proofing ?

Last edited:

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just emailed my sales rep at Toyota, Now waiting until I can officially order it !

Who else is getting one ? Never thought id trade in the JK but here we are !

Dont worry im Keeping the ****Box as my Hunting rig obviously

View attachment 540979;)
Phew had me with WTH over. Is the 4 runner hybrid?

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7