2500 6.4L Exhaust Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RLM5150

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have had the Solo Performance MR400 on for 3 weeks and have driven about 1500 miles since then. I love it.

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The mr400 sound clips and videos are of my truck...it did develop a drone even with the resonator...I ditched the resonator and overall the sound it much better and more aggressive...drone didn’t get any worse but I’m growing sick of it and will likely be changing out to something else eventually... I have probably 35k on the setup, got everything welded up at around 25k and there were several cracks in the solo welds that needed repair

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I'm about to pull the trigger on the MR400. Anyone have any real issues, specifically with cabin noise and/or drone? Fearfact, how long before the drone started, and was it while cruising, or accelerating? Thanks.

Fearfact

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm about to pull the trigger on the MR400. Anyone have any real issues, specifically with cabin noise and/or drone? Fearfact, how long before the drone started, and was it while cruising, or accelerating? Thanks.

Honestly I wouldn’t do it over again, I’d try a different route... the drone both with and without resonator is in the 65-75 range and it gets old. Also when I had everything welded up ( probably 20-30k on the exhaust being clamped) they had to reweld several cracked solo welds... all that said the truck dies sound awesome from the outside and the throttle response was noticeably improved

I have a solo resonator/tube muffler sitting around somewhere-never used someone can have if they wanted it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Pretty! How soon before you think you'll get it?...I've had Magnaflows before as well as flowmasters. I think I like the magnaflow over the solo, it looks like the magnaflow has a quieter in-cabin sound. Which do you recommend?

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I ordered the MagnaFlow muffler kit last week. I expect it sometime this week.

1stindoor

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
'23 2500 MegaCab
Engine
6.4 Hemi
So I've had the Magnaflow system on since Thursday. I haven't noticed any real change in throttle response, but I'm using a Pedal Commander. The exterior "rumble" sounds great! But there is a noticeable drone on the inside....but if your radio is turned up to 11 you won't notice it. So far I'm happy with the purchase as it makes my truck...sound like a truck.

OP
OP
Aelwulf

Aelwulf

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I'm still staring at this one since it seems about the only aftermarket set for the HDs. Maybe with the black Magnaflow clamp-on tip for 4" pipes if it's a decent hold. I hate having to worry about tightening things all the time. Maybe see if Nick above has any feedback on 'em.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
How is it possible to have a big high performance v8 with an open muffler that sounds badass at idle but quiet at cruising speed? there will always be a tradeoff. if you want that great tone theres gonna be some drone. if you have a muffler thats quiet when cruising its going to be quiet at idle.
Maybe its just my damaged ears but a chamber muffler does a much better job attenuating the straight pipe (magnaflow) moan/drone that I cant stand on the highway while still having a badass idle and absolutely screaming around town. best of all worlds in my opinion!
:favorites13: