3" Body Lift Pictures!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Someone around here has got to have one I am sure someone will post one.

mabuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Were you guys able to keep your tow hooks with any of the 3" body lifts? I asked in another thread, and didn't get an answer yet, so I figured I'd try here b/c this thread is newer.

After looking around more, it looks like you'd have to lose them...or else fab up some sort of reinforced bracket to move them after installing the BL? Not sure if that would even be strong enough. Just curious if there's any way to still keep them b/c I use mine quite a bit whenever I cut fire wood.

I was thinking it would be a good opportunity to make some sort of "winch cradle and hook relocation bracket" all in one set-up, and somehow mount it up to the frame behind the bumper...that way I can have hooks and a winch on the 1500, but I probably won't have a whole lot of free time any time soon, our first kid is coming any day now.

Just doing some thinking out loud for now I guess.

Nice trucks too! The BLs looks great on the Rams.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can keep the tow hooks only if you fab up some sort of mount but by fabing your own mount means it would lose all capabilities of being used for much of anything. It would lose most the structural integrity by fabing a special bracket.

fastNugly

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Dodge Ram Sport CC
Engine
Hemi 5.7
You can keep the tow hooks only if you fab up some sort of mount but by fabing your own mount means it would lose all capabilities of being used for much of anything. It would lose most the structural integrity by fabing a special bracket.

This ^^^ right here

mabuz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Cool, I don't know a whole lot about what supporting the tow hooks would require, and wasn't sure if some thick metal brackets could be braced in a way that you could still use the hooks. Maybe if they were welded to a winch tray between the two frame boxes...that's why I was thinking about that idea too.

Maybe I'll just wait and save up for a suspension lift then. Thanks for the reply.

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah I wouldn't feel all to safe using them for much of anything if you had to fab them or even weld them in a place. The body lift is great if your looking to add height at an affordable cost and just willing to scrap the tow hooks.

Rynofire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ultra2207, what's your tire and wheel setup? What brand are your wheels?

OP
OP
argray90

argray90

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Ultra has rockstars in 20's I believe -24 offset. 35x12.5x20 nitto trail grapplers I believe. I know they are rockstars and 35 inch tires for sure.

Last edited:

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Man that trucks sits bad ass! Now I gotta see if I can dig up what your setup is, lol.