-32 C...No start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frisk

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Come out this morning and its -32 C. Had the truck plugged in on a timer for 4 hours but it was a no crank/no start. The stock battery has lost its mojo in the cold. Looks like I will be shopping for the biggest/most powerful replacement battery I can stuff in there. I think I will also get a heated battery blanket for the sub -30 days.

Brandon-w

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Ram 1500
Engine
She's colder than a witches tit!!! - 33 here me, like your truck decided not to start and go nowhere [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

Sandevino

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7 eTorque
We always left the trucks running and the fuel heaters on when I was in far north Alaska. Diesel was cheaper than dealing with batteries and frozen fuel.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
I used to have some of that when living in northern NY and spent time every winter in Ottawa. It woke you up, that's for sure.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Come out this morning and its -32 C. Had the truck plugged in on a timer for 4 hours but it was a no crank/no start. The stock battery has lost its mojo in the cold. Looks like I will be shopping for the biggest/most powerful replacement battery I can stuff in there. I think I will also get a heated battery blanket for the sub -30 days.

One of these glued to the bottom of the oilpan will make a world of differance.Cheaper to run then a block heater,and it'll build oil pressure faster in cold temps.

Universal Adhesive Pad Engine Heater, 125W Canadian Tire