4.7L superchargers or turbos

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
Theres a few jeep guys running novi setups but you will have to make your own brackets I do believe. A STS setup wouldnt be to bad I wouldnt guess but im leary of drilling and taping the motor for the oil supply and return lines.

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Theres a few jeep guys running novi setups but you will have to make your own brackets I do believe. A STS setup wouldnt be to bad I wouldnt guess but im leary of drilling and taping the motor for the oil supply and return lines.

This.

Not to mention with as low as you are, with the rear mounted kit you wouldnt be able to drive in the rain. The inlet for the turbo is right under the bed of the truck.

KGBIGCOUNTRY

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 RCSB/2005 QCSB
Engine
5.7 / 5.7
They have the snorkel kit for the intake for the turbo that STS now recomends. Ya have to plan on a SC being instant boost and a turbo being a lag on boost.

Terrence

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
paxton nuvi 1200 i believe about 10 made. They come up for sale everyone in a while. GL finding one, the two or so that were not with real solid owners and were sold a couple times in the last year have been installed and successfully tuned and owners are loving them. I would just get a STS rear mount turbo and call it a day.

^^ this ^^

4XLGATOR

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CTD
Seriously? No one makes a supercharger for a 4.7? Yet I can buy one for my motorcycle.

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
thats sucks that the aftermarket support is not that strong for the 4.7

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
i was looking online and saw adamsredlines install of the sts system on his ram. now he had the turbo that has the return as well as the intake lines. now ive been looking around and seen a paxton novi sl(self lubricating), now im wonderin if instead of runnin the rear turbo system, going to the adapter kit talked about on the 1st page of this thread and following the lines of what airram was doin.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
now i know he ran into problems with his turbo and decided in the end to just swap to a 5.7. but im startin to think and wonder if he wasnt on the right track

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
i know that the paxton is a supercharger and the sts is a turbo system

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
there was a guy that mated an m90 to a generic nissan motor. made an adapter plate out of wood to bolt up to his intake

contact zzp @ ZZPerformance and see if they will give any help

they make the adapter plates to make my car run a ford m112 or a whipple supercharger

however because of the nature of the s/c it will be easier and more cost effective to go turbo.

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
im trying to lean more towards the supercharger cause its under the hood and less likely to suck up water, mud, etc. i live in kansas and the winters here are none too friendly

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
i'm all for supers... but in the end you'll want more power (maybe not) and then you'll have to go turbo.

AParrette

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997 Pontiac Grand Prix
Engine
3.8L SUPERCHARGED
unless money is no object or there was a factory bolt up somewhere imho turbo is the way to go.

but adding boost does has its draw backs

OP
OP
M

moparman33

Reaction score
Ram Year
2004 QCSB 4X4
Engine
4.7L magnum
either way i look at it, supercharger or turbo is gonna have some sort of draw backs

matt99

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I think turbo is the way to go. And you dont have to worry about the mud/snow unless you are putting it on the frame and the back or mid mounted.

I dunno man. Its a big undertaking but turbo is the way to go for you if they dont make an adapter for it