4.7l v8 stalling problem and constant p0456 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
i have a 3rd gen ram 4.7 once in a while itl bog out or even stall not very frequent but still does however it very very rarely does it more than once in a day i also keep getting a 456(small evap leak code) wich people say it is gas cap how can i tell if the cap is bad?

KeysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
i had the same problem i tighted the gas cap and erased the error and havent had anything but same thing happened to me

OP
OP
deuceram

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
i did the same thing but it would come back say a month and a half later same code so i guess i gotta get a new cap you knopw? start cheap i guess does your cap have alot of play in it?

bigtigga84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check your eval canister, mine was broken and was getting the same code. Jb welded it back together and haven't had a code sense.

KeysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
i am waiting for it to happen again and ill do ^^^^ that if anything but i know some places do the smoke testing and it can find a leak if anything

OP
OP
deuceram

deuceram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 v8
where can i find that can? not too framiliar with the fuel system

KeysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
its in a dealership or a good shop im not sure my gas cap feels lose P.S mine just did it again just not staling but the light came on and it had the same thing

KeysRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7 Magnum
also i just went through the EVAP lines and checked everything tightened everything down lets see if that works