4th Gen 1500 Coilovers,Struts,Shocks,Control Arms,Trackbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any guidance on matching rear shocks with springs? Primarily the longer springs like Carli, Icon and Clayton matched up with standard Fox or Kings. Or do these all require longer shocks?

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Standard Fox or King 2.5 will pair with any spring in the 1-2.5" lift range. They're are about 1.5" longer than stock. My stock shocks were 25.5" extended, standard Kings are 27" and I think is the same for Fox. They will pair with Carli or Icon or Clayton springs.
As a ball park Take your shock extended length -8". If this number is less than your coil spring free length you are a safe zone. If that number is bigger than your spring free length then you need to pay attention to details. First thing you should do is droop your wheel in the air and see if the spring will stay in it's seat.

I know Icon 1.5 will allow you to to run 27.5" extended shocks. Clayton 2.5 can go 29.75"

IARAM87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I feel like this might be the group of people to ask. Is there any rear benefit to me upgrading my rear control arms and trackbar. I will be installing an Eibach Pro Lift kit soon, hopefully. I have a ton of parts sitting in my garage just waiting, but also making sure I don't need anything else. You know so i can do it all in one shot.

But the goal of my truck is to make it level (obviously), run 35s, and handle farm roads/fields/light offroading. Maybe, some sort of camper setup in the future. Thanks for any input.

RVA Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Standard Fox or King 2.5 will pair with any spring in the 1-2.5" lift range. They're are about 1.5" longer than stock. My stock shocks were 25.5" extended, standard Kings are 27" and I think is the same for Fox. They will pair with Carli or Icon or Clayton springs.
As a ball park Take your shock extended length -8". If this number is less than your coil spring free length you are a safe zone. If that number is bigger than your spring free length then you need to pay attention to details. First thing you should do is droop your wheel in the air and see if the spring will stay in it's seat.

I know Icon 1.5 will allow you to to run 27.5" extended shocks. Clayton 2.5 can go 29.75"

Thank you, that's very helpful. Can I ask where the -8 came from?

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I feel like this might be the group of people to ask. Is there any rear benefit to me upgrading my rear control arms and trackbar. I will be installing an Eibach Pro Lift kit soon, hopefully. I have a ton of parts sitting in my garage just waiting, but also making sure I don't need anything else. You know so i can do it all in one shot.

But the goal of my truck is to make it level (obviously), run 35s, and handle farm roads/fields/light offroading. Maybe, some sort of camper setup in the future. Thanks for any input.
You don't have to upgrade rear arms or trackbar rigth away. If you don't have them already you can install them later.theyll make the rear more planted.

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Slightly off topic but still kind of on topic lol. Think the rear fox shocks with reservoir is worth the upgrade from regular fox 2.0s. Going on a 6 in lift. Not willing to wait 6 months for custom kings for the rear just yet...

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
Slightly off topic but still kind of on topic lol. Think the rear fox shocks with reservoir is worth the upgrade from regular fox 2.0s. Going on a 6 in lift. Not willing to wait 6 months for custom kings for the rear just yet...
2.0’s are fine. If you are doing some serious off-roading at speed the reservoirs will keep the shock cooler.

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
2.0’s are fine. If you are doing some serious off-roading at speed the reservoirs will keep the shock cooler.
I have king reservoirs on the front. It's more of a matching thing. Besides the obvious fact that fox and kings aren't the same brand so they won't actually match

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I have king reservoirs on the front. It's more of a matching thing. Besides the obvious fact that fox and kings aren't the same brand so they won't actually match
Best bet is to reach out to @Nick@GotExhaust he may have some options for you that are not months away

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
You don't have to upgrade rear arms or trackbar rigth away. If you don't have them already you can install them later.theyll make the rear more planted.

And with that said when it's time for that upgrade my initial reaction was WOW!?!?! Why the hell didn't I do this sooner.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
And with that said when it's time for that upgrade my initial reaction was WOW!?!?! Why the hell didn't I do this sooner.
That is literally everyone’s reaction it is a night and day difference. I always tell everyone it’s cheaper while it’s on the lift already if you have room in the budget let’s get it done. No one has ever said they didn’t feel the difference

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
That is literally everyone’s reaction it is a night and day difference. I always tell everyone it’s cheaper while it’s on the lift already if you have room in the budget let’s get it done. No one has ever said they didn’t feel the difference

There is always that "I don't feel anything" person that ruins everything! :bs::bs::boxing::buttkick:

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
8-10 weeks with King. 10-12 weeks with Fox. They're all backed up a few weeks because of the covid stuff. Should not be 6 moths for sure.

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
8-10 weeks with King. 10-12 weeks with Fox. They're all backed up a few weeks because of the covid stuff. Should not be 6 moths for sure.

That's the quote I got on filthy motorsports. 4-6 months. Found the fox's in stock. I'll hit up filthy and see if that 4-6 was accurate

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That's the quote I got on filthy motorsports. 4-6 months. Found the fox's in stock. I'll hit up filthy and see if that 4-6 was accurate
Yeah ask them again. I went with Accutune for my custom rear Kings and King did them in about 8-10 weeks or so that was back in Nov or Dec 2020 I have to check. King then sent them to Accutune and then they did the valving and prep according to what i wanted. I think total was like 10-11 weeks or so. It used to be 4-6 weeks before. It’s so worth it waiting especially with Kings. It’s something about having that silver and blue logo with blue springs matching front and rear. Either that or get matching Fox now in black with Orange front and rear.

BombSq030

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yeah ask them again. I went with Accutune for my custom rear Kings and King did them in about 8-10 weeks or so that was back in Nov or Dec 2020 I have to check. King then sent them to Accutune and then they did the valving and prep according to what i wanted. I think total was like 10-11 weeks or so. It used to be 4-6 weeks before. It’s so worth it waiting especially with Kings. It’s something about having that silver and blue logo with blue springs matching front and rear. Either that or get matching Fox now in black with Orange front and rear.

Got ahold of accutune. They said they no longer work with king on custom length shocks. Waiting on a reply from filthy. Next option would be going straight through king or settling for the fox's until covids over and king gets back to normal business

IARAM87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Quick question on the FO control arms. If I only have about an inch of lift in the rear, will I be alright going with the fixed arms over the adjustable ones?