4th Gen 1500 Coilovers,Struts,Shocks,Control Arms,Trackbars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazykid1994

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Quick question on the FO control arms. If I only have about an inch of lift in the rear, will I be alright going with the fixed arms over the adjustable ones?
Yes. You’d be fine. I’m somewhere between 1.5-2” of rear lift currently. It’s all based on pinion angle and wheel alignment in the wheel well so you don’t rub. I may extend mine ever so slightly to push mine back 1/4”. I have an angle finder that I’ll use to keep my pinion angle within 5°

IARAM87

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Yes. You’d be fine. I’m somewhere between 1.5-2” of rear lift currently. It’s all based on pinion angle and wheel alignment in the wheel well so you don’t rub. I may extend mine ever so slightly to push mine back 1/4”. I have an angle finder that I’ll use to keep my pinion angle within 5°

Alright, thanks for the info!

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yes sir. No need adjustable arms for just 1" rear lift. You'll be paying extra for the adjustability, but adjusting them for stock lenght.

OP
OP
ram1500rsm

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got ahold of accutune. They said they no longer work with king on custom length shocks. Waiting on a reply from filthy. Next option would be going straight through king or settling for the fox's until covids over and king gets back to normal business
I contacted Accutune today as my neighbor is on a similar boat. They said they will revalve them and tune them but the order process goes through King if it's custom length. My take they were getting burned by people asking "I ordered my shocks 2 months ago and i haven't received them yet.." i was there in Dec 2020 and i thought the 14 weeks i had to wait was excessive. get this, the new waiting times as of today 04/16/2021 are now 6-9 freaking months for Kings or Fox :), so once you get your custom length shocks from King you'll ship them to Accutune for work.

And the dude told me at least King will still build custom length shocks, he said good luck asking Fox to do the same.

This covid chit has really messed up our world :(

Last edited: