4th GEN RAM 2500 ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Maxdarman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CUMMINS
I have a 2014 Ram 2500 6.7 cummins SLT. I recently replaced my center console from a bench seat to a floor console. During the installation I forgot to unplug the negative terminals from the batteries. When I finally put everything back together the check engine light and airbag light appeared on the dash. It's also indicating that the rear passenger door is open(which is clearly not). The driver and passenger windows will not roll down but the rears will. I also noticed that the outside temp is reading -40 degrees. The uconnect doesn't want to power on either. I took everything back apart to double check the connections and everything seems to be correct. I tried checking the fuses and they all seem to be fine. I replaced the BCM( body control module) thinking that might be the issue and still no luck. I plugged in my obd scanner and I'm getting 2 codes P2509 and U110E. Has anyone ran into something like this?? PLEASE HELP!

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
The generic trouble code P2509 power input signal intermittent refers to an engine with an intermittent electrical signal to the Electronic Control Module (ECM) otherwise also known as a PCM or Powertrain Control Module.

Read more at: https://www.obd-codes.com/p2509
Copyright OBD-Codes.com

ambient Temperature sensor
https://www.dtcdecode.com/Chrysler/U110E

Last edited:

GsRAM

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Dodge Ram 2500
Engine
Hemi, 6.4L
I hate to suggest this, but did you try putting everything back the way it was before and see if the issues are still there? Sounds crazy, but stranger things have happened to me in the past when modding stuff. Just a thought

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joey93