4th gen to 5th gen style front conversion (idea, pic included)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToxicHax

Reaction score
Ram Year
Ram R/T 2013
Engine
As we all know the 2019+ 5th gen ram trucks have a new body style, and parts aren't really interchangable between the 2 generations...

However, Dodge unveiled their new 2500 and 3500 line up last month, which still uses the 4th gen cab and chassis as far as I understand.

So call me crazy... but...

in theory with some tinkering it should be possible to get the 2500 HD front from a 2019+ ram front onto a 4th gen 1500 ram truck, since the body lines and all the goodies will match up. Giving it a 2019+ makeover.

Same for the interior, big screen and updated interior could possibly be swap-able from those trucks in the future.

As more info comes out and maybe being able to look at one in person would help, its something I wanna explore.
I have a 2013 Ram R/T and I'm all about modding, given the chance I'd try to do the swap to my truck, since 2019+ Ram R/T don't exists (atleast not yet) it could make it a very unique truck.

I like the RT's and there not being a 2019 version had me bummed.

so.. I like to photoshop things, here's a mockup of a "5th gen" Ram R/T

XWTkpt7.jpg

Hopefully the photoshop gives you a really clear idea what I'm talking about!
and like I said, this is in theory possible to do, but probably not easy in any way.

We'll see once we see these HD trucks in the wild, and of course once parts come available.

Thoughts? :)

Arth

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Limited 4x4
Engine
6.7 HO Cummins Turbo Diesel
To each their own but this isn't just a simple front end swap. This also means the hood too right?

That'll be the big show stopper there I think. You either buy a hood new or get lucky and find one off a wrecked 2019/2020.

I'm all for swapping parts over between generations but the amount of work and cost that appears to be required just isn't worth it I think.

As we all know the 2019+ 5th gen ram trucks have a new body style, and parts aren't really interchangable between the 2 generations...

However, Dodge unveiled their new 2500 and 3500 line up last month, which still uses the 4th gen cab and chassis as far as I understand.

in theory with some tinkering it should be possible to get the 2500 HD front from a 2019+ ram front onto a 4th gen 1500 ram truck, since the body lines and all the goodies will match up. Giving it a 2019+ makeover.

Same for the interior, big screen and updated interior could possibly be swap-able from those trucks in the future.

As more info comes out and maybe being able to look at one in person would help, its something I wanna explore.
I have a 2013 Ram R/T and I'm all about modding, given the chance I'd try to do the swap to my truck, since 2019+ Ram R/T don't exists (atleast not yet) it could make it a very unique truck.

XWTkpt7.jpg

and like I said, this is in theory possible to do, but probably not easy in any way.

We'll see once we see these HD trucks in the wild, and of course once parts come available.

Wahrsuul

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hood, fenders, probably ALL of the mounting brackets and sub frames...

Nice PS job, and I have to admit, if that's the front from the HDs, then the 5th gens might look ok.

Jimmy07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi

XWTkpt7.jpg

Like wahrsuul said, new fenders, hood, grill, bumper, headlights, fog lights, all the plastic on the bumper, modify the bumper mounting points, grille mounting points, and headlight mounting points. Shouldn’t cost the average person more than 8 grand to Frankenstein it together.

CincyCuda68

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe that u are incorrect in the statement that the 2019 uses the same cab and chassis. While many of the dimensions are similar, the interior has a full redesign as does the frame (chassis). So While anything can be done, I’m not sure it would be anywhere near a bolt in situation and def would cost a fortune.

WilliamS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Too bad it wouldnt work. The radiator core support, grill, hood, fenders and bumpers are call different from gen to gen.

I like it but the fabrication is just silly.

Uaintlo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a guy I follow on IG is doing this swap on his reg cab 4th gen..
I'm considering it on mine, but I know its alot of money..

Srt-cummins

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
a guy I follow on IG is doing this swap on his reg cab 4th gen..
I'm considering it on mine, but I know its alot of money..
Would you happen to have a link or a way to follow as well? I’d find this interesting enough for a look...

RAMifications

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A facebook member in a ram group posted up this Photoshop yesterday which he stated he basically wanted to change the headlights and grill and this would be the outcome. Not exactly the same but a step in the direction of looking like the newer rams

FB_IMG_1582461205071.jpg

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
A facebook member in a ram group posted up this Photoshop yesterday which he stated he basically wanted to change the headlights and grill and this would be the outcome. Not exactly the same but a step in the direction of looking like the newer rams

View attachment 195992

Those look just the recon, ebay lights??