4x4 won’t disengage unless…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mojogti

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Hi all, if this has been addressed somewhere else, I apologize. I looked, but nothing seemed to fit my issue.
So just got a new jasper motor put in my 2010 25005.7l Hemi and been driving it for about a month now. So far so good, until I engaged 4high. It will stay in 4high until I park, turn off the engine, take the key out and open the door. I wait about 20 seconds turn the truck back on and it’s back into 2wd. Again I put it in 4x4 and it did the same thing. I hear the actuator engage and disengage, but front axle still remains in 4x4 until I do the above procedure. 1st Question is… could the engine swap have anything to do with it? And 2nd, I’m not sure where to start with this, does anyone have a problem check list that I could use to diagnose the issue? I am grateful for any assistance and advice.

Jawsopter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
CUMMINS
Hello there,
When the engine was swapped out, did the electrical connector get damaged? It should disconnect the axles. I have to keep wheels straight and stay off the throttle. Sometimes take 50-100 ft.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963