5.7 engine replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thomas Nograsek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Have a 2004 Ram 1500 Larmie with a 5.7 engine that dropped a valve seat (long story - my fault really) . I purchased another used (90,000 miles on it,) 2004 5.7 truck engine. Checked internals, put new heads, water pump, power steering pump, new sensors, etc on this engine. Ready to remove old engine and install put replacement in.
Question is there anything that I should be aware of between the old engine and the replacement? I mean will it fire up?
Thanks

Noleman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Have a 2004 Ram 1500 Larmie with a 5.7 engine that dropped a valve seat (long story - my fault really) . I purchased another used (90,000 miles on it,) 2004 5.7 truck engine. Checked internals, put new heads, water pump, power steering pump, new sensors, etc on this engine. Ready to remove old engine and install put replacement in.
Question is there anything that I should be aware of between the old engine and the replacement? I mean will it fire up?
Thanks

Should fire right up so long as you’re not changing ecus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks
There is not much that you can miss when swapping things over. If you have the engine put together just like it came out of the truck then there isnt anything to worry about. With the engine wiring harness connected and fuel in the fuel rail it will fire up.

One thing I normally recommend to anyone who does not do this type of work on a normal basis is to take pictures of the old setup before you remove it. Take pics from several angles so you have a reference to go back and look at just in case.

These motors are so simple I dont see how you could miss anything. Take your time and work slowly and you will be just fine.

OP
OP
Thomas Nograsek

Thomas Nograsek

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Thanks everyone. Yes I did take photos and tagged all electrical harness, etc. Definitely new motor mounts.
Have to take a break as we hopefully moving from the subburbs to a rual area - like the closest store is 20 miles away!

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks everyone. Yes I did take photos and tagged all electrical harness, etc. Definitely new motor mounts.
Have to take a break as we hopefully moving from the suburbs to a rural area - like the closest store is 20 miles away!
Cool man. You've done yourself a huge favor by taking pics and labeling things. If you run into any trouble, hit the forum and ask questions and post pics about what is happening and we can help. Good luck with your project!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VLG6963