5.7l Exhaust Parts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Hey guys... FINALLY got the Dodge on the road again, and fingers crossed I got the electrical issues sorted out. In the past 3yrs I think it's been on the road maybe 2 hours. This year, maybe 15min (which was today).

Anyways... few years back I took the truck into a mechanic because loud and I think it was a flange issue where the manifold connects to the pipe that goes to the cat. (#1 in the diag.)

Trying to get an idea of what's involved with replacing it because although the truck ran smooth today you could totally hear it chugging, climbed under and looked and pretty sure same issue as before. Looking online I'm finding everything but that part. I have the 2003 Dodge Parts Manual PDF, and under Exhaust (pg321-325) I'm looking for (I think) part 16, but, it says that for a 5.7l engine the engine code is EZA which is oddly repeated twice at the top of the page, and none of the parts on all 4 pages have EZA for the code.

There are three EZO's listed, and under engine codes, none are EZO.

So... ??? What part number am I pricing?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 5.7l Hemi 4x4 Quad Cab 6'3" box.

Untitled.jpg

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Part 16 is the whole cat converter assembly, do you want that or the gasket ( #1) ?

Unless the cat (16) is rusted out, plugged, or throwing a code you normally won't replace it.

OP
OP
THRobinson

THRobinson

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
Not sure yet... assuming if happening again so soon (since I haven't driven the truck in almost 3yrs and fixed 4yrs ago) that maybe the end is too rotted to repair. Kinda looking now at what parts might cost so I can prepare myself. Also need to look at the manifold itself I guess.

Just confused by Dodge's part listing and figuring out the codes. Again, shows 5.7l EZA twice at the top for some reason, and the part I want has 4 part numbers, 3 of which listed as EZO and none of the codes are EZO. Seems kinda stupid to me.

HemiLonestar

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
"EZ-" anything is the 5.7. You want 52110065AB; that's Line 6 (1500 4wd).

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcquinn