5" lift question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
most of you have seen my threads about the trade, to sum it up,
I'm finalizing a deal with a friend of a friend for a 2001 ram ecsb 4x4
it has a recently installed rough country 5" lift. the kit looks nice:fixed control arms and what not. I don't like the stacked blocks, so I'll look into an addaleaf.
it currently has 30" tires on mickey thompson classics - 16". I'm looking to get 315 (35s) or similar size all terrains very soon.

my concern is with daily driving and overall reliability. what should I be concerned with having such a tall lift? like trackbar/ deathwobble issues?

I like the lift, and the option to run 35s. but its not a huge deal to me. if say a 3" would be better, with 33s or so, I would consider it.

thanks for everyones time and opinion. I will post some pictures once the deal is completed.

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
gearing will need to be looked at also. yeah get rid of the stack and get either the addaleaf or you can get a taller block.

txbass06

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
gearing will need to be looked at also. yeah get rid of the stack and get either the addaleaf or you can get a taller block.

What he said. If the lift was installed correctly and routine maintenance was performed on the truck, you shouldn't have any issues with death wobble or anything.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
rambob

rambob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
318 5.2l
I remembered why I was asking now...

I keep running across THUREN parts.

I assume they make heavy duty steering and suspension parts.

mostly only 2500 series and up would need something like this??

wermbang

Reaction score
Ram Year
2001 Off Road
Engine
5.9L V8 Sport
this is on a 1500, and a huge lift, but its Thuren Fabrication Steering and Track Bar
frontdiffcover.jpg

ramhunter9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
P-Star Jeep Wrangler
I ordered a steering box brace from HBS .. it was on sale . I think you seen that tread