$550, how would you spend it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jawzs2

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010, 2014
Engine
1500, 3500
If it was play money, tickets for tonights Mega Millions - as it is, I spent my $1 allowance

Big Terry

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Window tinting. 90% on all 5 windows, and a nice fat visor on the windshield. I did it to my last couple of trucks, and have yet to do so on my new 2500... and man, I notice it. I'll be making an appointment really quick, haha.

And it don't cost 500 bucks...

gofishn

Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Ram 1500 5th Gen, Big Horn, 4X4, Crew Cab, 6'4" Box
Engine
hemi 5.7L, 345 cu in
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
Bed Rug for tailgate and truck bed.
H9/H11 headlight upgrade.
Wadestar blind spot mirrors
LED Bulb Upgrade for rear , interior and underhood
3rd brake light gasket upgrade
Backseat Mod
RMI-25 Additive
Paint Engine Cover, Fuse Box Cover & Air filter Cover
Husky X-ACT Contour floor mats
Kicker speaker upgrade
Sill Plates, either chrome or the sticker kind where the factory paint shows thru. Get them on ebay.

Bilstein 5100 for teh 2.8 inch lift/level. WOudl not want to work my motor too much harder with a higher lift and outrageous tires. V-6 only got so many horsepower, dont; want to waste it on lifts and tires.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Well I decided to get the remote start for the wife. Ended up getting the factory Mopar kit new from eBay for 120 shipped!! Comes with 2 new fobs as well so win/win there. Then I spent 400 on a set of 20" chrome clads I found on CL. What can I say, I like the factory chrome clads. Not the plastic so much as just the shape of the wheels themselves. I plan on pulling the clads and having a buddy of mine either powder coat them or maybe hydrodip them, probably go with the powder though. The other 30 bucks went in the gas tank. She won't run on air ya' know!
Sounds like you got pretty good bang for your buck. I wouldn't try to peel the chrome clads. If you don't end up liking them I'd switch to the sport or limited oe wheels as they're polished aluminum and usually priced about the same used.

OP
OP
Kernal Clink

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
Dee Zee Tailgate Assist
Bed Rug for tailgate and truck bed.
H9/H11 headlight upgrade.
Wadestar blind spot mirrors
LED Bulb Upgrade for rear , interior and underhood
3rd brake light gasket upgrade
Backseat Mod
RMI-25 Additive
Paint Engine Cover, Fuse Box Cover & Air filter Cover
Husky X-ACT Contour floor mats
Kicker speaker upgrade
Sill Plates, either chrome or the sticker kind where the factory paint shows thru. Get them on ebay.

Bilstein 5100 for teh 2.8 inch lift/level. WOudl not want to work my motor too much harder with a higher lift and outrageous tires. V-6 only got so many horsepower, dont; want to waste it on lifts and tires.
I've done a few of these already and some I hadn't even thought of. Some good ideas.

Sounds like you got pretty good bang for your buck. I wouldn't try to peel the chrome clads. If you don't end up liking them I'd switch to the sport or limited oe wheels as they're polished aluminum and usually priced about the same used.
I've already pulled the clads. The wheels look exactly like the clads except they are powder coated grey. They were so dirty I thought they were raw aluminum and used a wire wheel to start removing the adhesive from the first one. As soon as I saw the color I stopped and went another route. I burned through the powder in one small spot but it's no big deal since they are going to be refinished anyway.

I'm curious why the factory powdercoated and cleared them just to cover them with the chrome clads.