$550, how would you spend it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
So I had planned to buy a 4" lift and I still may, but what would be your first purchase to a stock truck? I want the pedal commander, the lift, wheels and tires, Line-X the bed, and aftermarket lights. So many desicions, so little funding.

McBroom

U.S.Marine Veteran Retired 88-2000
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
So I had planned to buy a 4" lift and I still may, but what would be your first purchase to a stock truck? I want the pedal commander, the lift, wheels and tires, Line-X the bed, and aftermarket lights. So many desicions, so little funding.

Diablo tuner

I Love my 18 Ram 2500HD 4x4 CC
Blue Streak Pearl off-road

Hookie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
Pulsar Edge. I love mine.

Never mind, i thought you had a 5.7

Last edited:

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI

So little money, sounds like me! I would go for the Line-X first then start saving for the lift, the wheels and the tires. Do the performance stuff last.

Don't forget to put all the old stuff you take off up for sale right away as this extra cash. Doing this will help pay for the next upgrade and remember its cash you don't have to tell the wife about.:) That's how I have been doing mine over the last year.

circuitguy

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Ram Tradesman Regular Cab
Engine
5.7L HEMI

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
Will it do much for the 3.6L?

You didn’t give any details about your truck but, Yes I believe it would help

HemiPower36

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 3.92 8-speed
Engine
hemi 5.7
Quality LED Off Road lights for me. Check out Rigid or Baja. My vote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goose_1327

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would say exhaust! Carven is an amazing company and the Type R mufflers are perfect for me. If I could only do one mode from the many I’ve done it would likely be exhaust.

OP
OP
Kernal Clink

Kernal Clink

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L Pentastar
You didn’t give any details about your truck but, Yes I believe it would help

Yep that's my fault. I just assumed everyone looked on the left under my name the way I do. Entirely my fault there.

I would say exhaust! Carven is an amazing company and the Type R mufflers are perfect for me. If I could only do one mode from the many I’ve done it would likely be exhaust.

The truck already has aftermarket exhaust. Not sure what brand or what was done but it definately isn't stock.

Taking advice from the lot of you I think I have decided to do a few things:
1. Skip the lift for now. I bought a spring spacer level kit from a member here. Cheap enough to level the truck and take the rake out of it without hurting me later when I go for the lift.

2. Buy the 3X lock remote start for my wife's Cherokee. After all it's getting to be cold weather and happy wife, happy life.

3. Buy either a tuner or the Pedal Commander for my truck. This one is the most difficult to decide on. Not having any experience with either, I'm not sure what I'm missing by not having it and I'm not sure which would be the better upgrade for my situation. My truck is a pavement princess and all we do with it is go to the drive-in and pull the pontoon boat to the lake. I drive it when I'm off work but that usually consists of short trips one or two days a week.

McBroom

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4L
I’m using the Tapatalk app. It only shows the name and avatar. I always look at the signature for the truck info.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yep that's my fault. I just assumed everyone looked on the left under my name the way I do. Entirely my fault there.

The truck already has aftermarket exhaust. Not sure what brand or what was done but it definately isn't stock.

Taking advice from the lot of you I think I have decided to do a few things:
1. Skip the lift for now. I bought a spring spacer level kit from a member here. Cheap enough to level the truck and take the rake out of it without hurting me later when I go for the lift.

2. Buy the 3X lock remote start for my wife's Cherokee. After all it's getting to be cold weather and happy wife, happy life.

3. Buy either a tuner or the Pedal Commander for my truck. This one is the most difficult to decide on. Not having any experience with either, I'm not sure what I'm missing by not having it and I'm not sure which would be the better upgrade for my situation. My truck is a pavement princess and all we do with it is go to the drive-in and pull the pontoon boat to the lake. I drive it when I'm off work but that usually consists of short trips one or two days a week.

since you have the 6 cyl I would say go with the pedal commander. You will feel the difference of this mod more than a tune. Good part is if/when you tune you can use the PC with the tune, many of our customers do this and love having both!