6” BDS Fox 2.5 coil over kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Firefighter515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I very recently ordered the 6” BDS Fox 2.5 coil kit for my 2014 1500 sport through a local professional lift shop. After seeing all the praise that BDS gets for their superior part and ride quality I was pretty content with my purchase. But now I am reading that people are having parts snap and broken parts causing accidents. I’m aware that a lot of the problems are caused by the ball joints in the UCAs sold by BDS and my mech I’m dealing with at the lift shop said that I can use OEM UCAs as the kit comes with knuckle extension and I’m hoping that I can avoid the problems everyone is having with the lifts I just got the basic kit that’s sold directly from the BDS site. I got an estimated 3 months before the parts come in and I just want to know if anyone running the kit recommends it or if the BDS parts are sub par in wuality.

RJL1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have the Zone 6" lift with the coil overs you have. If you are concerned about the BDS UCA's why not order the Zone UCA's? I haven't read of any failures with the Zone, but have read of some BDS failures.

You're gonna love the ride with your lift. The Fox coil overs are amazing.

Quick_Shifter

IG: @ak_trucks_pa
Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
I very recently ordered the 6” BDS Fox 2.5 coil kit for my 2014 1500 sport through a local professional lift shop. After seeing all the praise that BDS gets for their superior part and ride quality I was pretty content with my purchase. But now I am reading that people are having parts snap and broken parts causing accidents. I’m aware that a lot of the problems are caused by the ball joints in the UCAs sold by BDS and my mech I’m dealing with at the lift shop said that I can use OEM UCAs as the kit comes with knuckle extension and I’m hoping that I can avoid the problems everyone is having with the lifts I just got the basic kit that’s sold directly from the BDS site. I got an estimated 3 months before the parts come in and I just want to know if anyone running the kit recommends it or if the BDS parts are sub par in wuality.
You chose great parts don’t let the UCA issues get into your head. The kit you ordered don’t come with the questioned BDS UCA’s. As stated by @RJL1 the zone UCA’s are a great option. You can’t go wrong with them.

OP
OP
Firefighter515

Firefighter515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s what I was looking at was the zone UCAs I don’t think the failure was on BDS part from what I’ve read it’s sounding like the moog ball joints that are freezing up and causing the entire part to fail. I was just curious if I needed new UCAs at all seeing how the kit comes with a control arm relocation bracket so I shouldn’t need a larger arm or a hugely different angle on the ball joint. Or am I missing something and should get a new UCA

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
That’s what I was looking at was the zone UCAs I don’t think the failure was on BDS part from what I’ve read it’s sounding like the moog ball joints that are freezing up and causing the entire part to fail. I was just curious if I needed new UCAs at all seeing how the kit comes with a control arm relocation bracket so I shouldn’t need a larger arm or a hugely different angle on the ball joint. Or am I missing something and should get a new UCA
I don’t know the model number of the kit you have on order so I will not comment if it keeps factory geometry (most likely does) but I tell my clients that UCA’s are always a good insurance policy.

OP
OP
Firefighter515

Firefighter515

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I figured new UCAs would be a good idea either way when you beef up one part of the suspension it’s always a good idea to beef up the critical parts as well. Thanks for the insight I’m more of a bodywork and engine junky I’m not all that knowledgeable about suspension parts this is the first truck I’ve had lifted myself all my priors were lifted beforehand and my motto has always been do it right the first time or do it again so I’m trying to get everything as close to perfect as I can!

REDE2GO

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had my BDS lift installed around this time last year and I still love it. I have a 2015 sport. I think it rides better than stock. The only problem I think you are going to have is waiting 3 months lol.

Quick_Shifter

Supporting Member
TOTY Winner
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
AK Trucks Tuned 5.7
@Firefighter515 here is the fox 2.5’s for a 6” lift with Zone UCA’s. It’s worth the wait

Attachments

• C2596587-5EE4-470C-94EF-62ECF1BEF1E0.jpeg
    C2596587-5EE4-470C-94EF-62ECF1BEF1E0.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 44

2011ramster

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L hemi
I have had the BDS 6 inch coil-over lift on my 2011 ram for over 4 years with the stock UCA’s. Recently my upper ball joints were failing, so I had the Fabtech uni-ball UCA’s installed and i had them replace the lower ball joints because they were pretty bad. I’m very happy with the fabtech

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
As the others mentioned I recommend the Zone UCA's, they are very strong. They are the most used aftermarket UCA's among our customers and feedback has been nothing but great!

We usually have these in stock. Message me if you would like a quote on them

Salty Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have the BDS 6" Coil-Over kit and ordered the BDS UCA's as well. When I saw the treads about the moog ball joints failing I was concerned. However, I haven't had an issue with mine but I do check my ball joints every few days to see if anything looks "off" with them. I truly believe there was maybe a bad batch of them delivered to BDS as the percentage of failures doesn't seem extreme. But, my only exposure to the failures has been through this forum.

BellevilleRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HemI 5.7
I have the Zone 6" lift with the coil overs you have. If you are concerned about the BDS UCA's why not order the Zone UCA's? I haven't read of any failures with the Zone, but have read of some BDS failures.

You're gonna love the ride with your lift. The Fox coil overs are amazing.
Agreed! The Fox 2.5's are amazing! Provided that the other components are set up right to allow for sufficient up and down suspension travel. ;)