6.4 Header options (adding egr port)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jambbii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I do realize there are very limited selections for the 6.4s (OBX or AR). Has anyone ever taken a different set and just added the EGR tube on the back cylinder? I am not coughing up 2gs for headers if I don't have to. I'll fab up my own exhaust as well.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I do realize there are very limited selections for the 6.4s (OBX or AR). Has anyone ever taken a different set and just added the EGR tube on the back cylinder? I am not coughing up 2gs for headers if I don't have to. I'll fab up my own exhaust as well.
If you are wanting to use a set of cheaper 1500 long tube headers,i don't think the egr port is the issue,so much as it's the differant frame issues that'll be the sticking point.From everything i've read,the 2500's frame causes clearance issues if trying to use a set of LT headers from a 1500. I'm not sure about shorties though,maybe they won't have the same clearance issues with the 2500's frame as long tubes do.

OP
OP
J

jambbii

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The exhaust ports are different on the 5.7 as well. I was thinking more in line of the Jeeps and Durango 6.4s. They have the same port I think and those are a much tighter fit than the rams.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
The exhaust ports are different on the 5.7 as well. I was thinking more in line of the Jeeps and Durango 6.4s. They have the same port I think and those are a much tighter fit than the rams.
The 6.4 truck heads are basically cast with the same exhaust port as the 6.2 Hellcat,so there'll be a slight port mismatch with every other factory exhaust manifold. Can't say as i've ever seen anybody put a set of 6.4 Jeep manifolds on a HD 6.4 truck,but if you get them cheap enough,it might be worth seeing if you could make them work.