65rfe shift pattern

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beveballs127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I hate that under WOT the 65rfe will skip 3rd gear. If I hold it and shift manually its so much quicker. Is there anyway to reprogram the transmission to follow a 1-2-3-4-5-6 shift pattern?

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drive in 6^^^^^^^

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
B

beveballs127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Is it really that simple? I'll have to give it a shot.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
The reason it bypasses the gear is because the difference is too close. It goes from 2nd (1.67:1) to 4th (1.00) instead of 2nd (1.67) to 3rd (1.50) to 4th (1.00). You blow through 3rd gear so fast given how short the difference is between them. If you absolutely want it to shift into 3rd then you need to manually select 3rd gear using the ERS then upshift into 4th.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If I drive in six, my truck goes through all six gears..... Maybe it's the tune , but I remember doing that before the tune also..

Last edited:

BlownGP

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 RAM Harvest New Holland Blue
Engine
The reason it bypasses the gear is because the difference is too close. It goes from 2nd (1.67:1) to 4th (1.00) instead of 2nd (1.67) to 3rd (1.50) to 4th (1.00). You blow through 3rd gear so fast given how short the difference is between them. If you absolutely want it to shift into 3rd then you need to manually select 3rd gear using the ERS then upshift into 4th.

aaahahhh. So that's why when I manual shift 3rd gear comes in really fast.

I do really hate how this trans is programmed. lol
My wifes Milan can manual shift 1,2,3,4,5,6 just like normal.

OP
OP
B

beveballs127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I knew I couldn't be the only one that couldn't stand it. It makes a huge difference and puts the truck higher in the powerband when it shifts from 3rd to 4th.

OP
OP
B

beveballs127

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
If I drive in six, my truck goes through all six gears..... Maybe it's the tune , but I remember doing that before the tune also..

What tune are you running? I need to tune my truck next. BUT don't know of anything that actually allows you to dial in a transmission.

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've been using hemifever and jay Greene for custom tuning with the Diablo. They are both very good at what they do and can tune your truck to your liking. Shift schedule as well..

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Drive in 6^^^^^^^

Bringing this from the past, how do i drive in 6th ?

I also see an option in HPtuners to enable a 2-3 master shift, this 2-3 switch is disabled by default, so i guess that's why the 2-3 shift only works in manual mode.

I hate manual mode cause it's so damn slow why even bother using the damn thing other than to downshift manually, and still, it seems sometimes i have to press the button more than once for the thing to obey my commands for a stupid downshift, this has to be the lazier transmissions i've ever had in anything with 4 wheels, i'm tempted to enable the switch and see what it does :)

Ronan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Bringing this from the past, how do i drive in 6th ?

I also see an option in HPtuners to enable a 2-3 master shift, this 2-3 switch is disabled by default, so i guess that's why the 2-3 shift only works in manual mode.

I hate manual mode cause it's so damn slow why even bother using the damn thing other than to downshift manually, and still, it seems sometimes i have to press the button more than once for the thing to obey my commands for a stupid downshift, this has to be the lazier transmissions i've ever had in anything with 4 wheels, i'm tempted to enable the switch and see what it does :)

I favored driving in six. Meaning just put it over to manual and leave it in sixth gear. It will drive just like it’s in auto only have no mds. If you have no tuner to disable it.