8.4 Uconnect update file needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TEC Tactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm looking for an updated file for my radio.
I have Software version 15.50.01
However, this radio is not from my truck so using the VIN check its a NoGo (Mine came with a 5")

Just trying to get Android Auto enabled. If thats a no go no matter what, Ill just swap out to a Kenwood.

Thanks

chopperman1

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Rebel
Engine
5.7L HEMI
A software update it not going to enable android auto/car play. It's a built in function of the radio and only available in 2018 and newer radios. VIN's can be gotten from eBay for different year trucks.

OP
OP
TEC Tactical

TEC Tactical

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
A software update it not going to enable android auto/car play. It's a built in function of the radio and only available in 2018 and newer radios. VIN's can be gotten from eBay for different year trucks.
My Trucks a 2018 but I have no clue what yr the radio is from.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
My Trucks a 2018 but I have no clue what yr the radio is from.
If you look in Apps, under Settings, then System Info you can see the Radio type and software version.
AndroidAuto is only on '18 and newer radios and can't be added to previous versions. You also have to use the Media USB port which on trucks with a center console will be the port on the left, inside the upper tray area.