87 tb on 6.4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lone_Wolf

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 Ram 2500
Engine
hemi 6.4
what are pros and cons for putting moes 87m tb on my 6.4? i have a magafllow exhaust, i plan to get a k&n cai and diablo tuner. i would like to get headers eventually but still in the air on that.

Bigdaddy

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 3500 Laramie CCLB
Engine
6.7L Diesel Cummins
Good question and maybe Moe's will chime in on this one.

Hemi450hp

Moe's Performance
Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Ram 1500
Engine
Whipple Supercharged 422" Hemi
If you like to play with your truck and go wide open throttle, then it is worth it...good for about 12-15hp/tq to the wheels. If this is just a "get from A to B" or work truck that does not see wot, then I would skip the throttle body and save up for the ARH longtube headers.

theviking

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 6.4
If you like to play with your truck and go wide open throttle, then it is worth it...good for about 12-15hp/tq to the wheels. If this is just a "get from A to B" or work truck that does not see wot, then I would skip the throttle body and save up for the ARH longtube headers.

Yep! I did the headers (and cat-back) first, then a tune once the 2015 stuff was released, and then finally the 87 TB. Headers made a huge difference in performance, so far even more than the Diablosport 93 tune. But hopefully once the custom tuning is finished that will change:) The TB was nice, but still the least noticeable of any change.