97 1500 Ram Sport

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bigsss1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Magnum
With 361,000 miles I still drive her every day( replaced engine at 265G). Was driving fine parked in driveway over night. In the morning she would turn over but not start( new Battery,new Starter and new Alternator). Tried several times just turning the key. Waited until next morning and tried again. No Go! Had towed to mechanics. They couldn't start her either until putting gas pedal to the floor then she started. They said she was flooded/rich. After it blew out some exhaust fumes they drove her and she was fine?? They are keeping another day to try and start her cold and see if she starts. My question is.., what could have ,all of a sudden, caused her to become flooded even before trying to start her several times? It never happened before? Anyone have an idea what the underlining problem could be, there is definitely something going on? I did smell a slight hint of gas fumes in the days proceeding the break down. I have also replaced the fuel pump at least 4 or 5 times over the years including fairly recently. Thanks