a couple audio questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taman86

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have an 09 sport I recently picked up with factory alpine system. It sounds good but the bass seems pretty low. I test drove a 14 with basic audio and it seemed to be louder. Is there anything I can do to get more bass out of the stock system. Can I run an aftermarket sub off of the factory amp or even an aftermarket amp and sub off the factory head unit.

And for my second question I am a noob to audio. I am also the type of guy that rather be told to use this or that based upon my wants. So here is what I am looking to do in the future if I can't do anything with the stock system. I want to keep the factory head unit what are some good speakers to upgrade to without cutting and a good amp to go along with speakers and a good 10" sub. I have been reading the stealth box and sub is a good choice.

Thanks everyone

Power247

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Several of us on here have been upgrading our factory systems. I upgraded the dash speakers and replaced the factory sub with an JBL amp and Infinity subs, I am much happier with my sound system now. I have a link to my build in my sig. Take a look and feel free to ask questions.

Bkhsvt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
You can run a aftermarket amp off of the factory radio. Most amps have a high level input where you could just run your speaker output from the factory radio to your new amp for the signal, or you use a line out converter which will convert your high level to low level for RCA to the amp as we'll. the rest is just 12volt to the battery ground and a remote wire to turn the amp on and off.