a few questions regarding uaq part numbers and version numbers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RainZeros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
First let me preface this by saying that i might be misunderstanding some things about the actual part numbers and application versions for the uaq radio. I have a uaq radio that i bought on ebay a while back ago and all is working in my truck but out of curiosity i wanted to find the version number. so i tried checking software information, but for some reason software information shows nothing. I then found the dealer mode in the radio (by holding the far left and far right buttons at the same time) and now here's where my questions come from.

First question: Is the hardware part number the actual part number of the radio? If so has anyone seen a radio with the part number "CNSC77N0GL" and can tell me where it's from? my only clue here is that checking the map database in dealer settings shows that it is a my19 radio.

Second question: Is the version of the uconnect software the part that says "application:" if so my version is "USA-ASO-8.4-MR-28.4.0-20190625-M0G4" the only reason i bring this up is because I'm pretty sure the last ram version is 22.6 but there are uaq versions out there such as 28.3, 30.24, 34.2, but i've never seen 28.4 and i don't know if I'm on the newest version or the best sounding version.

basically both questions boil down to: Where did my radio come from?

i appreciate it if anyone has any information for me.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
First let me preface this by saying that i might be misunderstanding some things about the actual part numbers and application versions for the uaq radio. I have a uaq radio that i bought on ebay a while back ago and all is working in my truck but out of curiosity i wanted to find the version number. so i tried checking software information, but for some reason software information shows nothing. I then found the dealer mode in the radio (by holding the far left and far right buttons at the same time) and now here's where my questions come from.

First question: Is the hardware part number the actual part number of the radio? If so has anyone seen a radio with the part number "CNSC77N0GL" and can tell me where it's from? my only clue here is that checking the map database in dealer settings shows that it is a my19 radio.

Second question: Is the version of the uconnect software the part that says "application:" if so my version is "USA-ASO-8.4-MR-28.4.0-20190625-M0G4" the only reason i bring this up is because I'm pretty sure the last ram version is 22.6 but there are uaq versions out there such as 28.3, 30.24, 34.2, but i've never seen 28.4 and i don't know if I'm on the newest version or the best sounding version.

basically both questions boil down to: Where did my radio come from?

i appreciate it if anyone has any information for me.
I believe 28.4 is a Jeep specific firmware version but it works well on Rams too. The best place to pull the part number is the sticker on the back of the radio.

As far as better sounding, both the Jeep firmware 34.2 and Ram firmware 39.5 sound better than 28.4. You flash at tour own risk though...

OP
OP
RainZeros

RainZeros

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I believe 28.4 is a Jeep specific firmware version but it works well on Rams too. The best place to pull the part number is the sticker on the back of the radio.

As far as better sounding, both the Jeep firmware 34.2 and Ram firmware 39.5 sound better than 28.4. You flash at tour own risk though...
Ah cool much appreciated, I'd be willing to try the new versions, I saw someone managed to get the off-road pages to work with alfaobd and I'm kind of curious to check that out.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Ah cool much appreciated, I'd be willing to try the new versions, I saw someone managed to get the off-road pages to work with alfaobd and I'm kind of curious to check that out.
Here you go, I'm using 39.5 from this post...

Remember flash at your own risk, but if it fails do not remove the USB until it has failed back to the old version and the radio is running asking you to update again. It originally failed on me but it was a USB drive problem and not a firmware file problem.