A little something I call Common Core horsepower. Intake testing b/w S&B & Vararam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RedSRT4Me

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 CC Sport
Engine
Here is an example of how da correcting your time helps you keep track of where you stand between mods.

All this past summer I made track trips. The da ranged from +1500 to +3000. So my TIMESLIPS averaged 13.05 to 13.2's up until the last mod. So my time slips were up & down by almost 3 tenths depending on the weather BUT THEY ALL CORRECTED TO A 12.83 or close to that once da corrected. So I knew I was staying on track & consistent even though the time slip itself was up & down depending on the weather that week.

So that was most of the summer. I run on street tires due to the 8 speed rc driveshaft debacle. Every pass up until that point this summer the truck had spun on the 1-2 shift but averaged a 12.83 da corrected. So I added Core upper & lower control arms late in the summer. The next track trip my spin on the 1-2 shift was gone & I ran a few 12.9 passes. Da corrected all those 12.9 passes corrected to a 12.68.

So we have a summer full of passes that no matter the weather that particular week da correct to a 12.83, I then did a suspension mod, stopped my wheel spin & ran a few da corrected 12.68 passes. So that helped me to gauge that the control arms were worth the time & money. I was loosing close to a tenth & half all along from wheel spin on the 1-2 shift no matter the weather that week.

So.....da correction.....how us track guys keep track of mod progress no matter the weather from day to day ;) Not a horsepower mod so dyno would be irrelevant here but still shows how you can keep track of times & mods no matter the weather.

Which version of the rear arms did you get? I'm leaving towards nonadjustables.

OP
OP
Gary's Hemi

Gary's Hemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks for the detailed information Gary.
Jay

Not really what he is talking about since we are talking dyno #'s & hp mods but just a little insight into track times can also be corrected like dyno #'s & can be kept track of for personal or competitive use.

Of course I wont run the same in Denver(mile high) as I would in Baton Rouge(60' above sea level). Heck even Nashville(600-1000 ft) or Dallas(600 ft). But thats where da correcting times to 0 da comes into play. To gauge where you stand w/ a truck from 4 states over

Big Boi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Hate to revive a dead thread, LoL. But Im on the fence about switching from the Vararam to the S&B. I cant use the "Scoop" on the front of the Vararam because we mounted the auxiliary trans cooler in that location.

Whats your thoughts now Gary?

1SloRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
0A100356-DD86-42F9-9F51-4327338CED7E.jpeg Are you tracking the truck? If so everyone now is running a dedicated track intake. Performance Rams FB page is fulla folks doing this and results are best of any intake for drag racing.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Hate to revive a dead thread, LoL. But Im on the fence about switching from the Vararam to the S&B. I cant use the "Scoop" on the front of the Vararam because we mounted the auxiliary trans cooler in that location.

Whats your thoughts now Gary?

Gary has long since sold the truck,and only checks in here once inawhile.
He was still kicking around a couple of the Hi-po Ram facebook pages,but i'm not even sure if he's on them these days.
I used to talk to him weekly,but haven't heard from him since last Christmas,so i'm not sure what he's up to these days.
Last time he checked in here was back on March 1st by the looks of it

Gone

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
when i buy a performance intake i always look for the shortest coldest possible air travel from filter to TB..

common seance bro..